Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:( i cant nurse my son very much! -update

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

update- he is back 110% ! after his nap he was up playing and pooping his pants like a pro. we nursed until dinner, and then he had some sauteed zuchinni/yellow squash/red pepper in olive oil. he loved it and is back to playing! he should be getting sleepy soon!

He is vomiting : ( 12 months old.

that's how I got woken up this morning, being puked on. Downside of bedsharing : /

I nursed him a little and gave him two bites of organic Os (like Cheerios) then he vomited again.

Gave him a bath and gave him a cracker, let him nurse a tiny bit more maybe two minutes.

Now I put him to sleep in his bouncy seat. since I don't want to fill him up too much, I couldn't nurse him to sleep.

If he wakes up without vomit I will nurse him more. I think more frequency of nursing but shorter nursing sessions?

He did not have a lot of diapers yesterday. Today he woke up with *maybe* 2 pees but usually its super-duper full. this whole week he has had runny nose. Friday we went to playgroup because I thought it was just allergies like his dad. He has been fine up until yesterday, he was fussy but still playful. I wonder if he picked up something at the group?

Idk poor guy. This is the first time he's actually been sick. I'm not sick at all.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Nurse him as much as he wants. Yes it may mean a little more clean up, but trust me, you do not want him getting dehydrated. My dd got dehydrated when she was four months and popped a fever of about 104, she was severely dehydrated within a matter of hours because she refused to nurse. She spent three days in the hospital on iv fluids. Breastmilk is going to be the best thing for him, it will have antibodies to help him get better faster, and it is super easy on his tummy to digest.
comf
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Oh no!

I dont mind the cleanup, but he just looks so pathetic trying to vomit and cry at the same time!

Quoting preacherskid:

Nurse him as much as he wants. Yes it may mean a little more clean up, but trust me, you do not want him getting dehydrated. My dd got dehydrated when she was four months and popped a fever of about 104, she was severely dehydrated within a matter of hours because she refused to nurse. She spent three days in the hospital on iv fluids. Breastmilk is going to be the best thing for him, it will have antibodies to help him get better faster, and it is super easy on his tummy to digest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Poor guy! I hope he feels better fast!!

Quoting comf:

Oh no!

I dont mind the cleanup, but he just looks so pathetic trying to vomit and cry at the same time!

Quoting preacherskid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Do not limit nursing! Nurse on demand, no solids until he has stopped vomiting.

starreyedcutie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Nurse like crazy if he wants it!!! Stomach bugs are going around bad this year!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Poor baby! The stomach flu we all had took about 2 days to set in so he may have gotten it at play group. I'd nurse on demand and keep him off solids until he's gone 24 hrs without vomiting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM

:( poor guy. I'd stick to just nursing and not worry about any solids right now.

comf
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Ah I see, probably from playgroup then! Yeah he mostly nurses anyway but it was like mostly milk and stomach acid coming up so I thought he might like a cracker or something. I won't offer anymore solids until dinner (if he doesn't vomit anymore.) Hopefully he will feel better soon.

I took off the lid of the disposable wipes to make a 'bucket' for him in case he vomits again, its the only thing small enough to work!

Quoting saltyalley1227:

Poor baby! The stomach flu we all had took about 2 days to set in so he may have gotten it at play group. I'd nurse on demand and keep him off solids until he's gone 24 hrs without vomiting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Thanks, I feel so bad for him

Quoting momma2b2008:

Poor guy! I hope he feels better fast!!

Quoting comf:

Oh no!

Quoting preacherskid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chillemi78
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I put old towels around my son when he's got tummy issues. Kind of draped over his shoulders. It catches it all, I use the corners to wipe up his mouth and toss it in the laundry basket. After a couple pile up, I toss them in the wash. 99% of the time, it catches it all and I spend more time snuggling him than cleaning up.

Quoting comf:

Ah I see, probably from playgroup then! Yeah he mostly nurses anyway but it was like mostly milk and stomach acid coming up so I thought he might like a cracker or something. I won't offer anymore solids until dinner (if he doesn't vomit anymore.) Hopefully he will feel better soon.

I took off the lid of the disposable wipes to make a 'bucket' for him in case he vomits again, its the only thing small enough to work!

Quoting saltyalley1227:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)