• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help me!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

my 3 month old won't take the breast. he's been getting a bottle whie i work for the past month and now all of a sudden he is refusing to nurse. please help

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
karina400
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM
'Lay him on your bare chest in just a diaper, semi-reclined for up toan hour. Do not give him any bottles yourself, ever. Try to nurse him when he is slightly asleep, when you see eye movements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this
It's a bottle preference/nursing strike.

Just keep offering breast, do not give bottles while you are around/home. Relax with him, like lay in bed or take a bath with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylullabies
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

thank you guys

karina400
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM
How are things going? Any improvement?

Quoting mylullabies:

thank you guys

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylullabies
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this

yeah he nursed when I took him to lay down with me away from everything.  I think he just wanted it to be quiet. I have a 2 year old and 7 year old as well and it can be pretty overwhelming for him at times I bet.

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd likes quite to. She refuses to nurse in a loud area

Quoting mylullabies:

yeah he nursed when I took him to lay down with me away from everything.  I think he just wanted it to be quiet. I have a 2 year old and 7 year old as well and it can be pretty overwhelming for him at times I bet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
takeitall13
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

my son was like that too!  dd wont sleep if she wears hats but loud noises dont effect her nursing YAY -- i have a 21 m old so its hard to get quite for long peroids of time :)  Def don't offer a bottle if youre arund- sorry you're going through this- my son got a bottle preference too- and then he started BITING me!!  eeek..

Quoting moroccanmommy:

My dd likes quite to. She refuses to nurse in a loud area

Quoting mylullabies:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)