Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it's milk fever..update...question

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
I thought I was having a flare but I really think maybe I have milk fever. I have a fever of 101.5 with motrin. feels like the flu my body hurts. My right boob has a big knot in it. I've been massaging it putting hot compress. Been in bed all day my daughter nursing. do I call the doctor? ??what do I do? ?? Bf 4 children and I never had this happ
en.
update....feeling 50%better..duct unclogged, red streaks gone, fever gone. Question..shoild i keep taking antibiotic? Normally i would but all thee above happened before my second dose. Im only four doses in out of forty. I think i prematurly got a script.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairygirl_13
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Sounds like mastitis. *I* personally would call the doc and see if an oncall doc (your doc not babies doc) would call in antibiotics. Whatever you do, KEEP NURSING. Especially the side that hurts. There is most likely a clogged duct and nursing will release it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randhferedinos
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I have had mastitis 5 times over my 4 years of nursing. Try to avoid antibiotics. Take a hot bath, get your milk flowing and lean into the water. Massage gently while your breasts are immersed. Drink lots and lots of water, and nurse frequently. If your fever doesn't break after about 24 hours you may need antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Thanks...feel like total crap thank god my dd likes playing in the bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM
I would call the doctor now if it's been like that for more than a few hours. It can get nasty fast so get antibiodics now if you need them (the on call obgyn dr should be able to call them in to a pharmacy)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Sorry you are not feeling well.. it sounds like a plugged duct and possibly mastitis. 

Crunchy Moms La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                        ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html

Crunchy Moms La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                        ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Obgyn called in an antibiotic last night...to a closed pharmacy. . Dh pu when it opens. Feel worse this morning. Fever 103.4. Thanks for replies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Thanks and pls see update ladies

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Sorry you are not feeling well.. it sounds like a plugged duct and possibly mastitis. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM

You're supposed to finish the antibiotics to make sure the nfection is gone. Not doing so can make it come back.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

YEP

Quoting gdiamante:

You're supposed to finish the antibiotics to make sure the nfection is gone. Not doing so can make it come back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)