Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Darn Family

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

We went to my nephew's birthday party. Nana was holding Pipi and started talking about her wanting cake. I said no she can't have solids til 6 months per her dr. Well she started to give it to her anyway. I grabbed my dd out of her arms and walked away. Of course everyone is mad at me now, but come on why can't they listen to me. Now I am scared to leave her with them I guess no more alone time with Nana.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srbeusk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Oh jeez I'm sorry! That's one of my worst fears with the family...:/ I definitely wouldn't leave her alone wih nana now! She's already proven she won't listen...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM
That is annoying! I hate that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazycervix
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM

its just so frustrating they are like well our kids turned out okay, but I am to nice to point out that my so has digestive issues, sinus issues, migrains. There other son has digestive issues, had cancer, and migraines. Oh they are also both insomniacs to. I have no issues at all.

Quoting srbeusk:

Oh jeez I'm sorry! That's one of my worst fears with the family...:/ I definitely wouldn't leave her alone wih nana now! She's already proven she won't listen...

srbeusk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Ouch...
Thankfully my daughter has food allergies so they respect that...
That and they didn't listen with my son so I quit letting them see him... They changed their tune quick...:/

Quoting lazycervix:

its just so frustrating they are like well our kids turned out okay, but I am to nice to point out that my so has digestive issues, sinus issues, migrains. There other son has digestive issues, had cancer, and migraines. Oh they are also both insomniacs to. I have no issues at all.

Quoting srbeusk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missyify
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I feel the same way about my grandma. She kept trying to do stuff behind my back when I was in the shower... Lucky for me, my mom stopped her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I'm so glad my mom knows I don't play that game. Mama don't mess around. She, or anyone else who disrespects my parenting like that will be out in the cold before they can say, "a la mode." Good for you for not caving. Nana has blown her trust. No alone time with her! Are you going to have a follow up conversation with her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
((hugs)). It sucks when they don't get it. I was born in 1971 and most of us got rice cereal in a bottle by 6 wks. So forgive her mistake but be firm about the "no solids" policy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazycervix
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Yes I am. I am going to tell her she is an amazing mother and grandmother and she did what she thought was right for her children. However now the information is different and the dr said no solids before 6 months. If she tries to argue with me I will be firm and explain I am her mother its my decision if she doesn't like it then she doesn't need to be in her life.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I'm so glad my mom knows I don't play that game. Mama don't mess around. She, or anyone else who disrespects my parenting like that will be out in the cold before they can say, "a la mode." Good for you for not caving. Nana has blown her trust. No alone time with her! Are you going to have a follow up conversation with her?

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Good for you!

Quoting lazycervix:

Yes I am. I am going to tell her she is an amazing mother and grandmother and she did what she thought was right for her children. However now the information is different and the dr said no solids before 6 months. If she tries to argue with me I will be firm and explain I am her mother its my decision if she doesn't like it then she doesn't need to be in her life.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Sarah on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
I feel you. My SO's mom formula fed him and they both figure he turned out fine. Yes he's smart and great but has the worst asthma i've ever seen and has been hospitalized for it many times. He'a also allergic to almost everything outside.

Quoting lazycervix:

Quoting srbeusk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)