Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunken soft spot

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM
  • 19 Replies

My son is 5 months old, he has a cold and his soft spot is sunken in today. It isn't super bad but it definitely noticeable. I could see that it was sunken in and I was like 15 feet from him. He is nursing exculsively still and has been eating normally. I called the on call doctor and am waiting for a call back... Here is a pic:

He is acting pretty much normal other than being a little cranky since he isn't feeling well, and last time I checked which was last night he didn't have a fever. Would you guys be concerned? What can cause it? Thank you for your input...

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Ive heard dehydration can cause it to sink in. Heres a bump though because Im not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Amanda
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Dehydration can be a cause - how has his diaper output been today?

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM
That's serious dehydration. Hugs
my doc said if my dd got that take to er
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I was told its a sign of dehydration
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraNicole1019
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Yeah my daughters gets sunken in sometimes. Drink water then itll go back to normal when he eats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM
When my milk dropped she told me to watch that and diapers

Quoting Nicolle_09:

I was told its a sign of dehydration
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geronima2003
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM
I'm half Mexican & my uncle does something where he puts his fingers in the baby's mouth to put it back up. People swear it works but I have no idea how he does it or if it really works. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraR216
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I heard about the dehydration thing I just don't see how he could be hydrated he is eating normally ugh the doctor needs to hurry up and call me back

SaraR216
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I drink a lot of water so hopefully that will help. His diapers have been normal. He is peeing ALOT like usual lol

preacherskid
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
It can be a sign of dehydration. How is he nursing? Diaper output? Are his lips cracked or dry? If he cries, do tears come out? Both my girls' soft spots are noticeable in the baby stage if you can get their hair under control; it is a severely sunken soft spot that is a cause for concern.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)