Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it safe?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm mobile and can't find info on the net. Does anyone know if its safe to use Icy Hot or Tigerbalm while breast feeding? I am having terrible back pain I am thinking is from my epidural. Tylenol and Advil don't help. Heat helps a little. Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
FrumpyMama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Yes they are safe.  Lay down while you are nursing if you can, it'll take the pressure off your back instead of sitting. Epi site problems are more common than they say. Good luck

ashleigheg
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I'm sure it would be okay, as long as you are not using it directly on your breasts, and washing your hands after using it. I know from experience that stuff BURNS if it comes into contact with mucus membranes.

I have also found that turmeric(yes, the indian spice) helps a ton with my pain. Hope that helps! Feel better!

Come join us in the Breastfeeding Moms!

ashleigheg
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Yes they are safe.  Lay down while you are nursing if you can, it'll take the pressure off your back instead of sitting. Epi site problems are more common than they say. Good luck

My epi site STILL bothers me a year later, plus a spot above it has this weird nerve pain dead spot(sorry, hard to explain). It's pretty awful!

summer_daisey
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM
That stinks! Mine is mostly on my right side. I ended up with a C-Sect and had to have 3 of them before they just completely put me out. I really wish I didn't have to have one.

Quoting ashleigheg:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

My epi site STILL bothers me a year later, plus a spot above it has this weird nerve pain dead spot(sorry, hard to explain). It's pretty awful!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigheg
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM

You and me both! I wish I hadn't given into one. It's obviously caused damage, and it didn't even do me any good. I could still feel my contractions. Every. awful. painful. contraction. Being on your back is no way to have a child!

Quoting summer_daisey:

That stinks! Mine is mostly on my right side. I ended up with a C-Sect and had to have 3 of them before they just completely put me out. I really wish I didn't have to have one.

Quoting ashleigheg:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Come join us in the Breastfeeding Moms!

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Yes, they're safe. Baby may not care for the smell.

Pippa.mom2alot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Yes it is safe. Just lay down when it is on . I would nurse laying on my side in bed its easy on you and baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)