Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

kinda annoyed {little vent}

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
Soo im texting one of my friends, and she has a baby that was born 2 days before derek their 3 months.. so i ask her is she still breastfeeding and she says yeah but shes been trying formula and the baby hates it.. and i asked her why shes doing that, and she says she wants to find work and go to school or wte and she dosnt like pumping so it will be eaiser i guess.. idk im alittle annoyed that shes just going to give up like that.. its her 1st child also.. soo idk i know its none of my business and its not my child but idk i just hate when women do this.. thinking of them shelfs and not their child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:40 PM
:( thats frustrating. a lot of the time I just say things to others that are my experiences. For instance I would say that for me I know that the breastfeeding doesnt last forever and that they grow out of this stage so quickly that I make sure to be there and not miss it if I can help it. School and work will always be there but babies grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katieabril
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM
I know right.. idk should i say that 2 her.. i dont know if she would get affended she might bc i have 2 kids and shell probably say ohh i think i know everything..

Quoting Precious333:

:( thats frustrating. a lot of the time I just say things to others that are my experiences. For instance I would say that for me I know that the breastfeeding doesnt last forever and that they grow out of this stage so quickly that I make sure to be there and not miss it if I can help it. School and work will always be there but babies grow up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

It depends on who you talk to. There are some people I just keep my mouth shut because I know they have made up their minds (and because of personality as well). Others I openly speak about what I do and why I do it.

Quoting katieabril:

I know right.. idk should i say that 2 her.. i dont know if she would get affended she might bc i have 2 kids and shell probably say ohh i think i know everything..

Quoting Precious333:

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
jeannet
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM
You have no rigjto beannoyed. Breast feeding is not tor everyone.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting jeannet:

You have no rigjto beannoyed. Breast feeding is not tor everyone.

People have the right to their own feelings about something. Not all people choose to breastfeed, and our feelings have nothing to do with whether or not someone breastfeeds, but we all have the right to our own feelings and no one can decide for us how we feel about something, or what we believe either.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean..its frustrating, I had a friend who basically said the same thing..what I find interesting is that she kept BFing and baby is not a year old and still nurses atleast once a day so theres hope..some BM is better than none

Daynaof3
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I agree, if I have a mom who is unwilling or unable to pump I encourage her to at least continue nursing at home. I would ask her what kind of pump she is using and if she has ever tried hand expressing. Pumps aren't a necessity, though some moms find them easier still others prefer expressing by hand.
Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I know what you mean..its frustrating, I had a friend who basically said the same thing..what I find interesting is that she kept BFing and baby is not a year old and still nurses atleast once a day so theres hope..some BM is better than none

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Yes, sometimes saying "well what I found has helped me" goes a lot further and smoother than someone saying "don't do that, you should do this".

Quoting Precious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Almost everyone I've ever mentioned this to is shocked that you can both breastfeed at home and offer formula when you're not. They all say "but I'd get to engorged all day". Your body will get the hint, and slow down daytime production and you can nurse whenever it fits in. It surprises me how many moms that have breastfeeding problems completely switch to formula. I'd breastfeed as much as I could and use supplements to fill any gaps, even if I was just able to nurse once at bedtime.

Quoting Daynaof3:

I agree, if I have a mom who is unwilling or unable to pump I encourage her to at least continue nursing at home. I would ask her what kind of pump she is using and if she has ever tried hand expressing. Pumps aren't a necessity, though some moms find them easier still others prefer expressing by hand.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I know, I have had a number of women say to me in surprise "I can do both!" Lol. YES! And you should, some breastmilk is important if mom is doing anything beside breastmilk for babies health. Even if it's a drop it's worth it, so I would do all the breastfeeding I could as well. As a matter of fact, that is what I said when I had my twins(who were excl. bf anyway). I said I am going to breastfeed, IF I have to supplement I will but I plan to breastfeed as much as I can.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Almost everyone I've ever mentioned this to is shocked that you can both breastfeed at home and offer formula when you're not. They all say "but I'd get to engorged all day". Your body will get the hint, and slow down daytime production and you can nurse whenever it fits in. It surprises me how many moms that have breastfeeding problems completely switch to formula. I'd breastfeed as much as I could and use supplements to fill any gaps, even if I was just able to nurse once at bedtime.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)