Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

4th kid...4th round with a**hats sigh

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

Once again I am hearing:

1. How are you going to BF and work?

2. So we can't "keep the baby" cause they will cry?

3. You just dont want us to spend time with your baby.

Baby is not even here yet and if your'e gonna be that way NO I dont want you to be near my baby. Asshats..

Vent over

SIGH

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM
You'd think they'd know by now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeStorm
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting MaryJarrett:

You'd think so..guess not...DH family is one of those that ships their kid to grandmas house ass oon as it pops out. Not me I perfer to raise my kids

gsdlover
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting JadeStorm:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

You'd think so..guess not...DH family is one of those that ships their kid to grandmas house ass oon as it pops out. Not me I perfer to raise my kids

You're absolutely right.  They already had their kids, if they missed out on babies, then too bad.  These are YOUR kids, you have first dibs on EVERYTHING with them.

FLmommy0204
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Hmm.  I've never seen an ass in a hat.  :) 

My mom gave me crap one day becuase I didn't bring a bottle so I obviously was mad at her.  I had to explain to her what a PITA it is to pump.  I had just started back to work and was now pumping 4x EVERY DAY!  (verse the once or twice I did on leave) and I didn't want to have to run find a plug so I could pump and have to leave everyone.  She was OK with it after that.  I know not everyone understands though.  She still baby sits and doesn't have any issues any more. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I can not understand people who do the whole have a baby then drop it off at grandmas thing.  My SIL watches her god daughter every weekend..from friday night to Sunday night, mom never even calls to check on her.  Been like this since she was 3-4 weeks old....yes WEEKS.  My inlaws at first pushed me to do this and I did with the first 2 when they were a bit older...10 months with my oldes(he was FF atfer 3 months) and 5 weeks with my 2nd out of necessity(oldest was in the hospital and I was forced toFF after this).  With my 3rd I realized I felt a huge gap in connection with the older 2  after those nights and I was determined to EBF so no overnights..heck he didnt stay with them overnight til he was 3 and ASKED to!  I was told I was selfish and unfair..oh well

justone_jen
by Jen on Mar. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I'm tired of that shit, too. I'd like to know why people think I had a baby for their enjoyment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeStorm
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Im soooooooooo glad not to be alone. I am determined to spend as much time as I can with my son...I will be on maternity leave from work 8-10 weeks and that will be spent with mommy, daddy brothers and sisters...no exceptions. 

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 20, 2012 at 6:28 PM
One of my crazy neighbors left her 3 week old with her mom for a week to go on a trip to Vegas. My kids typically do overnights unless I'm in the hospital having another baby. Even then I usually just send my dh home to be w the kids at night. He's not all that helpful in the hospital anyway, with his snoring waking me up between hourly nursing sessions.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I can not understand people who do the whole have a baby then drop it off at grandmas thing.  My SIL watches her god daughter every weekend..from friday night to Sunday night, mom never even calls to check on her.  Been like this since she was 3-4 weeks old....yes WEEKS.  My inlaws at first pushed me to do this and I did with the first 2 when they were a bit older...10 months with my oldes(he was FF atfer 3 months) and 5 weeks with my 2nd out of necessity(oldest was in the hospital and I was forced toFF after this).  With my 3rd I realized I felt a huge gap in connection with the older 2  after those nights and I was determined to EBF so no overnights..heck he didnt stay with them overnight til he was 3 and ASKED to!  I was told I was selfish and unfair..oh well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I am so calling somebody and asshat lol. I am lucky enough to have a family that never bf at all but is very supportive of my bfing. That is out of line to say those things because they feel its not convienent for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM
My dd turned a year old last week and has NEVER been away from us. It pisses my family off, but oh well, she's mine not theirs lol. They're the type to go against our wishes, so we really don't trust them alone with her.

Quoting JadeStorm:

Im soooooooooo glad not to be alone. I am determined to spend as much time as I can with my son...I will be on maternity leave from work 8-10 weeks and that will be spent with mommy, daddy brothers and sisters...no exceptions. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)