Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

WWLD?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 36 Replies

What would LKRA do?

Well, I don't KNOW! That's why I'm asking! lol

I started a new job on Monday (keep off Facebook, please) that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. I am happy!

I have to go out of town for training next month. Actually, I have to go next week, but the whole family's coming with me (we're staying at my brother's), so that's no big deal.

The Nugget will be seven months old in May. Holy shit! lol

IF I leave him behind when I travel in May, what will happen? I've never left my children for any great length of time. I'm freaking the hell out about it.

I COULD bring him with me, but that would mean paying for a plane ticket for HIM and one for my travelling au pair.

This new job DOES require travel. *sigh* Should I just bite the bullet and leave him behind?

The though of that makes me want to puke. :(

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Estherooni
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM

A week is a long time for a breastfeeding baby unless you have lots of stored milk and someone you trust completly then leave him behind but honestly I couldn't do it, Good Luck!

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM
If he sits on your lap, he won't need a ticket :-)
Seriously though, how long are you going to be gone? Obviously it can be done however long it is, but that's a factor to consider.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Did you say for how long? I would go with your gut, and if your gut says puke at the thought of leaving baby then there's your answer. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Tabi said on Facebook that babies need carseats on planes. :( I haven't flown since 2003, so I'm clueless. lol

I don't know yet how long I'll be gone. Not more than a few days, I would guess.

I just can't imagine my baby waking up and me not being there. I mean, I know he'll survive. But he's just so little. :(

Quoting larissalarie:

Seriously though, how long are you going to be gone? Obviously it can be done however long it is, but that's a factor to consider.

Daynaof3
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I don't think they allow you to buy one seat anymore, I think you have to buy two even if baby will be in your lap. Not positive though.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Well yes, the best safest thing is to secure them in a carseat on the plane, but... Unfortunately or travel budget is always so tight, my baby has had to sit on my lap. If the plane crashes we're all toast anyway, lol. Plus I always nurse during takeoff anyway, so baby wouldn't be in the seat for the most dangerous part anyway. And we've be fortunate to never hit really bad turbulence.

Anyway, at 7 months I'm sure it will be a gazillion times harder on you than the baby.

Quoting LKRA:

Tabi said on Facebook that babies need carseats on planes. :( I haven't flown since 2003, so I'm clueless. lol

I don't know yet how long I'll be gone. Not more than a few days, I would guess.

I just can't imagine my baby waking up and me not being there. I mean, I know he'll survive. But he's just so little. :(

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Unless they've changed it in the last 6 months or so you still can.

Quoting Daynaof3:

I don't think they allow you to buy one seat anymore, I think you have to buy two even if baby will be in your lap. Not positive though.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I'm in the same predicament in a week. I'll be gone four days. But, my nursling is 20 months. I'm still a nervous wreck... I'll let you know if all survive! (I almost worried about him weaning bc I'll be gone so long).
Wahhh I donwanna!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM

*nods*

I know.

I think I'll look into taking him with me. I just know that I can't do it forever.

I find it amusing that I am not the least bit concerned about my three year old. lol She'll live. lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Well yes, the best safest thing is to secure them in a carseat on the plane, but... Unfortunately or travel budget is always so tight, my baby has had to sit on my lap. If the plane crashes we're all toast anyway, lol. Plus I always nurse during takeoff anyway, so baby wouldn't be in the seat for the most dangerous part anyway. And we've be fortunate to never hit really bad turbulence.

Anyway, at 7 months I'm sure it will be a gazillion times harder on you than the baby.

Quoting LKRA:

Quoting larissalarie:

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM
3 year olds are evil :-P

Quoting LKRA:

*nods*

I know.

I think I'll look into taking him with me. I just know that I can't do it forever.

I find it amusing that I am not the least bit concerned about my three year old. lol She'll live. lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting LKRA:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)