Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Anyone else have a baby that!

Posted by   + Show Post
Is 17 months and still waking up I'm the night!

I'm so ready to have my nights to myself again I'm tired tired tired she wakes up 3x now seriously it was down to 1 then she got really sick with the flu and started waking up all night again!

Maybe it's just from being sick I hope it doesn't last long or I'm done nursing or I like to look at it that way! Lol some how I think if she gets weaned then she just might sleep through the night ha probably wishful thinking!

I'm just venting I just really wish she would sleep through the night. Maybe she needs the extra calories sense she is in the 5th percentile on her weight.. Idk thats a whole other post tho..lol ok I'm going to go..thanks if you made it this far :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
katelynsmommy30
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Yes, I bed share with my ds who is 14 months, if I didn't I would not get an ounce of sleep. He nurses like a newborn as well at night. It won't last forever, and I just keep saying I'll miss these cuddly moments when he's older, and it truly gets me through. Hang in there, your not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliams77
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Does she nurse well during the day, or is she busy/distracted? Is she on any solids? Do you co-sleep? My suggestion is to encourage her to nurse more during the day, and think about night weaning. At around a year old, my dh (and I do mean dear!) Decided that he would get up with the current baby at night. They were sleeping in a crib in a room across the hall. After a few nights of being greeted by dad and a sippy of water, the night waking lessened. It did NOT go away altogether- there were still bad dreams, tummy upset, teething, or seemingly no reason at all.
Dh said that if he got up with the kids after the first year, he might eventually catch up with the amount of times I got up with them during the first year.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
4 moms liked this
I have yet to meet a cow with greater brain development than a human.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Wow.

Just....wow.

She does not need to be weaned, put on cows milk, or have cereal. First, cereal is useless nutritionally for a bf baby. Second, bottles are for milk, not solid food. Third, cereal will not help her sleep. fourth, she's over a year old. And fifth, cows milk WILL NOT "help her brain develop"

No one needs cows milk. Especially not babies.

OP - its normal. DS is 11 months & nurses half the night sometimes. You can night wean her and still nurse during the day if you want, but it probably won't stop the wake ups.

Also that's awesome that you are still nursing her at 17 months! My guess is she will go back to once a night, but I may be wrong.

Quoting Bettyboop1989:

I would pump some milk into a bottle and then warm it up so its not searing hot but comfortable. Add some infant rice to it so she stays full longer and maybe she will sleep longer. Try a nice hot bath before bed, then some quiet reading time and then try that milk Idea and maybe that would help. It seems like she might need to be weaned and put on cows milk, it will help her brain develop too :-) Good luck momma I hope this helps

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM
My second woke to nurse every night until he was 3 years old. He's 4 now and sometimes wakes up for a drink of water, to cuddle, or (although rarely) to nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hot_mammaof2
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

My daughter is 11 1/2 months old and we are still waking up 3-4 times a night. It sucks! I keep hoping she will start sleeping longer but I dont see an end in sight.

I breastfed my son also and he woke up until he was a little over 18months and was breastfed the whole time. At that time he weaned himself and that is when he finally started sleeping through the night.

Hang in there momma! It wont last forever (even though it may seem like it now!)

silka08
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
None of my kids consistant ly slept through the night till 2yrs old. Even with night weaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My 11 month old is just barely above the 3% for weight. He wakes up zero to one time. Usually if I nurse him at 11 before I go to bed (at that point he's already been sleeping for 3 hours), he will usually sleep through the night. Other times, he may wake up once for a little snack. My husband is the one who go gets him, brings him to me, and takes him back to his bed.

annaica
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM
My daughter didn't have a routine where she would sleep thru the night until about 18 months and still here and there she doesn't. She is 26 months now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clintam
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
She nurses maybe one or two times durning the day.

She eats pretty much everything we eat.

We do not co-sleep anymore.

Quoting awilliams77:

Does she nurse well during the day, or is she busy/distracted? Is she on any solids? Do you co-sleep? My suggestion is to encourage her to nurse more during the day, and think about night weaning. At around a year old, my dh (and I do mean dear!) Decided that he would get up with the current baby at night. They were sleeping in a crib in a room across the hall. After a few nights of being greeted by dad and a sippy of water, the night waking lessened. It did NOT go away altogether- there were still bad dreams, tummy upset, teething, or seemingly no reason at all.

Dh said that if he got up with the kids after the first year, he might eventually catch up with the amount of times I got up with them during the first year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Yup. My DS4 was up multiple times a night right up until he weaned at 2 1/2. And still crawls into bed with me @ 3 1/2 :) So no, I'm still not getting a full nights sleep unless I sleep elsewhere ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)