Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Weight watchers and nursing

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
Is weight watchers safe to do while nursing? I really don't want to lose my milk but need to lose the weight!! Has anyone done it?... And does it work? Thx!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I believe that there aremany moms here who have. I hd taken dairy and gluten out of our diet because I suspected an intolerance from my oldest child and put everyone on that diet and the weight just shed off. I kept in lots of protein, nuts and seeds, eggs and oils, fruits and veggies and I feel great and my supply has not been effected one bit. I have a 19 month old that nurses more than he eats solids (some days he just wants to nurse and has barely eaten any solids and hes a chunly monkey lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMDufour
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I do weight watchers and I nurse.  I have not had a decrease in supply either.  What happens is, you get about 14 extra points to consume per day due to the fact that you are nursing.  I lose about 1 lb a week, maybe a bit less.  So it's a slow process but that's the way it needs to be in order to keep your supply safe.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM

They have a specific program for nursing moms. BEST thing out there.

EthansMomma129
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats what iv wondered as im nursing twins i know that id need more points but not sure how many extra?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM
This!

Quoting gdiamante:

They have a specific program for nursing moms. BEST thing out there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been doing weight watchers for almost 3 months now and. No problems with supply. Depending on your weight they give you a certain amount of points a day plus extra weekly points. I think I started off with 45 pts a day and 49 extra a week. Sometimes it feels like a lot that I have to get in! If I use about half of the weekly pts I lose the recommended amount. If I stick to just the daily I lose too quickly.
I think it's a good program to go with. Simple and stress free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Sweet I'm gonna sign myself right up!! Great to know others have not had issues with their milk!! Wish me luck;) thx guys!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep great program did it After my first and second kiddos. Can't afford it this time around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:11 AM
That's great! How much did u lose if u don't mind me asking? And how quickly? I'm just wondering if it's worth it;) thx

Quoting melindabelcher:

Yep great program did it After my first and second kiddos. Can't afford it this time around

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:36 AM
I lost about 20lbs both times. Averaging 1-2 lbs a week. You really dont want to lose more rapidly then that. I think the concepts are kind of common sense but the meetings and support are very helpful and help encourage to stay on track.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN