Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe this B*&^% serriously just said this to me!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:09 PM
  • 78 Replies

Okay so I don'tknow if you all read the post abouut hospitalsbeing pressured to stop handing out free formula samples, but it was posted in this group and in the babies group.  Well I was the first to  respond in the babies group and all I said was "good" and this is what this women said back to me:

Quoting cabrandy03:

Good! 

What a horrible response. 

There's always going to be new mothers who cannot breast feed for one reason or another. I have 3 adult children I could not breast feed because of medical reasons, yet all 3 grew up healthy & fit,  & that included formula.

By your "Good" response, you are condemning me & all other Mothers who cannot breast feed. Who are you to think in such a evil way?

How very selfish of you. Since you think it is so "Good!" I truly hope the day will come soon, when you will not be able to breast feed your baby.

Perhaps then, you'll understand the coldness & cruelty behind your response

***Edit:  Thank you all for making me feel better!  I'm not trying to start more drama, she just hurt my feelings and I needed to get it out and I knew most of you would understand!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ConnorMom228
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd report the person who said that. I think the free samples undermine breastfeeding, which can be a challenge at first for some. But also because the hospitals are basically sponsoring one formula over another. And that's not right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadeeBearsMOM
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM
7 moms liked this
Geez if she wants free samples do bad she can get them in the mail I breastfeed but I got tons in the mail!

Good thing she couldnt breastfeed grown adult children that would be gross! Ha ha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I saw that and was shocked. That is such a cruel thing to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moogie1005
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Latent guilt issues? Drama queen? Overreact much? Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfTheBest2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM
She's ignorant. Her children are grown and she hasn't bothered to educate herself. She clearly sounds personally attacked by your comment. I've found its best to ignore those types :-( I think its sad that she doesn't understand what she is saying and feels the need to attack. Try not to take it personally, she's just one of many uneducated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:17 PM
When people react like that, and i think it's a deep sense of guilt :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM
That article is posted in all cm owned groups, ive been avoiding it like the plagae lol im sorry she said that i too would report her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCat1121
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Wow! She obviously has a problem and took it out on you. Report it in my opinion. She posted something and you responded. You can't get mad at someone for their opinion....she overreacted I think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckyme7
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

the post specifically asks for people's opinion on the issue - so you gave your answer....did she expect everyone to answer to her favor?  her comment is so uncalled for and personal.  You should report her.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Well, her head came a little unscrewed and her mouth (or rather fingers) lost all control. I don't understand the "well I hope bad things happen to you" sentiments. Pretty immature. Just dismiss the whole comment. People can choose formula to their hearts' content, but free formula samples and free formula-sponsored breastfeeding bags are shady marketing techniques. EDIT: *free formula samples to moms in hospitals with breastfeeding newborns* is shady marketing practice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)