Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Get an attorney?? *eta the back story*

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
  • 56 Replies
On march 31st, I went into Furr's and sat down at the bench in the entry way to feed ds. The manager came up maybe 15 minutes into the feeding and touched my shoulder and told me I had to cover up.
I told her that there are laws protecting me. She said she knew and wouldn't leave me alone until he was done. (5-10 minutes).
I was using the 2 shirt method and nothing was showing. Mil was with me and even told me nothing was showing.
At Furr's, you have to get your food and pay before sitting down. As you probably know, it's not easy to nurse in a booth.

My Df said I need to hire an attorney and sue Furr's for harassment and pain and suffering.
Would it even get anywhere?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
precious1114
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Whats furrs?
CampbellMama
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM
A resturant

Quoting precious1114:

Whats furrs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
I don't know the story. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampbellMama
1 mom liked this
I would deffinately try. Call one and find out!

Good luck

Quoting Baby8901:

My Df said I need to hire an attorney and sue Furr's for harassment and pain and suffering.

Would it even get anywhere?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby8901
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
On march 31st, I went into Furr's and sat down at the bench in the entry way to feed ds. The manager came up maybe 15 minutes into the feeding and touched my shoulder and told me I had to cover up.
I told her that there are laws protecting me. She said she knew and wouldn't leave me alone until he was done. (5-10 minutes).
I was using the 2 shirt method and nothing was showing. Mil was with me and even told me nothing was showing.
At Furr's, you have to get your food and pay before sitting down. As you probably know, it's not easy to nurse in a booth.

Quoting C8Baxter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SheciaBaby
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Try! Nobody had to look n u don't have to cover up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
precious1114
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Quoting Baby8901:

I think nursing in a booth is easier but my opinion. Lol. Yeah call around for a free consultant
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh....I don't think it's worth it. It would probably be a lot of money & time spent on it You said you were getting media coverage, right? That plus a nurse in would be enough, IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Sucks that happened!

Pain and suffering though? I don't know. I'd skip the lawsuit. But I'm one to think lawsuits are too plentiful in the USA. Just my opinion though and it doesn't matter.
Quoting Baby8901:

Quoting C8Baxter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby8901
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM
There are a lot of attorneys around here that do free or pro bono work.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Eh....I don't think it's worth it. It would probably be a lot of money & time spent on it You said you were getting media coverage, right? That plus a nurse in would be enough, IMO.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)