Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

just got called selfish for weaning my son!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 26 Replies

yep. here on cafemom. is that surprising to anyone that it was on here? not to me.
i also got told im starving him because i weaned him and wouldnt give him the breast anymore when he wants it..
SMH

HI! im a 22yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to 3 BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rose87
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

How old did you wean?

I nurse until the child decides to wean. I am a firm supporter of nursing until at least 2.

But I can imagine some women on here would say that. What HASN'T been said? *rolls eyes*

Bren07
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Quoting Rose87:

How old did you wean?

I nurse until the child decides to wean. I am a firm supporter of nursing until at least 2.

But I can imagine some women on here would say that. What HASN'T been said? *rolls eyes*

he is nearly 15months old..i am a full supporter of nursing as long as you want but that was just not my personal choice.

HI! im a 22yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to 3 BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

JasonsMom2007
1 mom liked this
I say good for you for making it to a year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87

Then it doesnt matter what other people think, imho.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I weaned my daughter at 16 months...it was a mutual decision sort of. I regret it though... Make sure its what you really want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jfamily2010
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You cant starve him if you feed him other foods. When did you wean him & is there a reason why you weaned him or gave him formula?

My youngest is 1 1/2 yrs old and I am a stay at home, co-sleeping mom who is still breastfeeding and will probley breastfeed until age 3 or 4 yrs old like I did with my 4 yr old daughter, but I respect both bf and formula feeding parents

Goofygadget
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

shortycmlb
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

were still nursing at 18 months, and she's wanting the booboo less and less. im not forcing her to wean but she is losing interest :) were down to once a day, but this week its been 3-4 times a day because shes sick :/

Quoting Rose87:

How old did you wean?

Rose87
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Poor baby!! Ds nursed until 3 and then I pumped for him because I was then nursing dd who was a new born.. 

He was fully weaned by 4 and dd was weaned (by her choice) at 20mth - it made me sad!! LOL

Quoting shortycmlb:

were still nursing at 18 months, and she's wanting the booboo less and less. im not forcing her to wean but she is losing interest :) were down to once a day, but this week its been 3-4 times a day because shes sick :/

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh, it's cafemom, there are plenty on here who'd call Mother Theresa a selfish b%•# if she dared post something that bothered them and wasn't what they would choose to do.
I don't know how anybody sane could call a woman selfish who nursed 15 months! (said by the woman who nursed way longer) There's nothing wrong with that. And unless you weaned and also decided to forgo food, I don't see how you're starving him. He'll eat if he's hungry enough. Just ignore them, you being bothered is their reward and they don't deserve it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN