Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
My twins are 10.5 months old. They are snackers wanting to eat for 5-10 minutes at a time every hour and a half...day and night. I cant take it anymore. What can i do to get them to stay latched longer and space their feeds out more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Replies (11-16):
newbabystarr09
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:20 PM

you made it 10.5 months with twins WOW!! Great Job

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM

UGH! that sucks!

well, i give you A LOT of credit for making it this far feeding 2 babies that often!!!!  i wouldnt not have been able to do it!    you are a very good mommy!!  :)

Quoting EthansMomma129:

Luke wont take a bottle. Were working on it but he outright refuses it. :(

Quoting JaxMomma78:

maybe pumping and feeding a bottle or 2 every day or so could help give u a break...

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Nightweaming could really help you keep your sanity during the day. I'd suggest working on the night weaning first, then see if you still feel like you need to pace out the daytime feeds. Keep in mind that you only need to make it another 6 weeks and then you'll be in a much better place to limit daytime nursing.

Check out Dr Jay Gordon's nightweaming article (know that he's pretty insistent on waiting until at least 12 months, but if nightweaming is what is going to save you right now then you do it now)

Google jay Gordon nightweaming, the title is changing the patterns in the family bed, I think! Even if you are not bed sharing you can still tweak the tips and info to fit your situation.
EthansMomma129
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Thank you! Ill check it out. They do bedshare with me.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Nightweaming could really help you keep your sanity during the day. I'd suggest working on the night weaning first, then see if you still feel like you need to pace out the daytime feeds. Keep in mind that you only need to make it another 6 weeks and then you'll be in a much better place to limit daytime nursing.

Check out Dr Jay Gordon's nightweaming article (know that he's pretty insistent on waiting until at least 12 months, but if nightweaming is what is going to save you right now then you do it now)

Google jay Gordon nightweaming, the title is changing the patterns in the family bed, I think! Even if you are not bed sharing you can still tweak the tips and info to fit your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Nightweaning might help in your situation.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I agree with this mama.. Great Job! 

Quoting newbabystarr09: you made it 10.5 months with twins WOW!! Great Job

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  for sharing advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)