Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

comments while bfing in public

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 35 Replies
15 moms liked this
So yesterday we went to the zoo and while nursing dd two people made comments to me...and they were positive! I swear that doesnt happen as often as it should! Many people just stare at you like you belong in the zoo instead.

So anyway there was a mom sitting on a bench next to ours and she said how much she missed nursing!
And moments later an older man who worked at the zoo said, "none of my boys ever took bottles, you are doing a great thing!"

Makes me have more confidence in our society to see people coming around and appreciating nursing moms!

Anyone else get comments in public, positive or negative?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I've gotten sweet smiles. :) that's about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I have only gotten one comment and it was positive :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I have never had any negative but I have had a hand full of positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I only ever received positive comments. I think I only ever received 2comments though.
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I had one lady just stare at me. I smiled at her she turned red and looked away, lol.

Once I was BFing in my car and a group of preteen boys walked by and kept walking by trying to look in (I was in the back seat and the windows are tinted, but the front windshield is not) then they tried taking a picture. The flash went off so I'm sure all they got was glare lol.

I did have one lady tell me that men that were breast fed as babies growup to be better men. That one made me laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM

thats awesome! :)

SAHM927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:15 PM
OMG they were trying to take pictures?? Crazy boys...I like that last comment though that is sweet :)
Quoting shelley11709:

I had one lady just stare at me. I smiled at her she turned red and looked away, lol.

Once I was BFing in my car and a group of preteen boys walked by and kept walking by trying to look in (I was in the back seat and the windows are tinted, but the front windshield is not) then they tried taking a picture. The flash went off so I'm sure all they got was glare lol.

I did have one lady tell me that men that were breast fed as babies growup to be better men. That one made me laugh.

blessed_mommy11
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM
That's kinda funny. Lol boys will be boys!! I have three of them all little right now so no worries with naughty stuff like that right now!!!

Quoting SAHM927:

OMG they were trying to take pictures?? Crazy boys...I like that last comment though that is sweet :)

Quoting shelley11709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Aww! That's nice. If I ever see a nursing mom around here I will probably make a nice comment. I grew up in this town and have NEVER seen another mom nurse. It's sad. I nip and have gotten dirty looks, thoat clearing and once a mom saw me, pointed and smacked her dh and made him look at me and then dragged her dd from the park. I was totally covered too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM
I've gotten a ton of positive comments (and smiles, nods, thunbs up, etc) but never a negative.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN