Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok so I was doing pretty good reading labels and staying away from all dairy. Well yesterday I cheated pretty bad. Ended the day with ds projectile vomiting quiet a bit. How do yall do it. What do yall eat. I crave dairy sooo bad! Ds is only 7 weeks old. I dont know if I can hold on til hes done whenever that may be!

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Replies (21-29):
MeghanS2008
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Not sure if you have discovered this website or not- thefussybabysite.com   It was the only thing that got me throught a very long time of being dairy free.  The main problem is that any time he gets milk wiht dairy in it, it can take up to two weeks before it is completely out of his system.   On that website it has a GREAT list of a lot of products which are dairy free.   I remember there is a type of english muffin that is dairy free and earth balance butter is dairy free so you can have that as a breakfast optioin and use that butter for cooking.  On that website and also kellymom.com there is an amazing list of ingredience that I took with me everywhere!

Also Oreos are dairy free!!  Search the internet there are lots of great websites with dairy free receipes.  The more options you have the better you will be able to deal with this, it certainly is challenging!  Once you get it figured out your baby will feel so much better and you both will be happy!!

bloomsr
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM
For me, my baby when I'm on dairy is CRAZY. A few minutes of deliciousness is not worth the endless crying. It's hard- I never feel satisfied. I live in Wisconsin- there is no shortage of delicious dairy treats everywhere... And I missed out on McDonalds Shamrock Shakes:(

You can do it! Good luck:)
mahamasvan
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Thank you!! I will looking up these sites!! Chocolate cake sounds so good!! Soy is the next thing Im going to cut. I thought cutting dairy would solve all. No luck. I cut eggs but he still spits up quite a bit. So Im thinkin soy.

Quoting Rachel_Neocate:

I'm a little late but I've been dairy. soy, egg free for the last year and a half for my LO! You can do it! Daiya cheese is good, but I just usually go without. I've found that pretzels are usually dairy/soy free. Also some cereals like Cheerios, Life, Kix, are all safe. I eat it plain but you could use an alternative milk like almond, coconut, or rice. We eat lots of fruits and veggies (I love snap peas!) And for a treat I usually eat EnjoyLife brand cookies, or chocolate chips, which are free of the top 8 allergens. I also make my own desserts, I have a chocolate cake recipe if you're interested. I found it helpful to cook my own foods, and found a lot of ideas here: http://www.mspimama.com/ http://www.foodallergy.org/recipes http://bit.ly/d9QVFL This might also help: http://www.godairyfree.org/Table/Dairy-Substitutes/ We also use EarthBalance dairy/soy free "butter", it tastes good and cooks/bakes great. Once you used to eating w/out dairy it becomes second nature, I'm not sure I'll really go back to eating "normal" once LO is weaned...although a slice of pizza has been calling my name for the last several weeks ;)

mahamasvan
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Omg I hear you! Dh loves his shakes!! Mcdonals has a strawberry shortcake and someone has a banana pudding. Your right its not worth seeing him so upset!

Quoting bloomsr:

For me, my baby when I'm on dairy is CRAZY. A few minutes of deliciousness is not worth the endless crying. It's hard- I never feel satisfied. I live in Wisconsin- there is no shortage of delicious dairy treats everywhere... And I missed out on McDonalds Shamrock Shakes:(

You can do it! Good luck:)

silka08
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM
It took literally 1 min to make. Break off some dark choc from a bar, drip of canola oil and microwave 30 secs. Scoop coconut ice crean, top with almonds and by this point you hear beep lol pour choc on icecream, it hardens a bit and its delicious. Literally less than 2-3mins.

Quoting mahamasvan:

Can you just come over for like a week?

Quoting silka08:

Tonights dessert: coconut ice cream, almonds and dark choc melted (w/ drop canola oil)...yum :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mahamasvan
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Thank you! I will be looking up this site! I did get the butter. Its not bad. This is a huge challenge for me!! We I was preggo I drank at least a gallon of chocolate milk every three days. My favorite dish is a parm crusted chicken with three cheese tortellini and a tom/mozz salad. I know I will get over it. Graham is worth it!

Quoting MeghanS2008:

Not sure if you have discovered this website or not- thefussybabysite.com   It was the only thing that got me throught a very long time of being dairy free.  The main problem is that any time he gets milk wiht dairy in it, it can take up to two weeks before it is completely out of his system.   On that website it has a GREAT list of a lot of products which are dairy free.   I remember there is a type of english muffin that is dairy free and earth balance butter is dairy free so you can have that as a breakfast optioin and use that butter for cooking.  On that website and also kellymom.com there is an amazing list of ingredience that I took with me everywhere!

Also Oreos are dairy free!!  Search the internet there are lots of great websites with dairy free receipes.  The more options you have the better you will be able to deal with this, it certainly is challenging!  Once you get it figured out your baby will feel so much better and you both will be happy!!

mahamasvan
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

ok guess what Im having tonight!! Im so excited for this!!

Quoting silka08:

It took literally 1 min to make. Break off some dark choc from a bar, drip of canola oil and microwave 30 secs. Scoop coconut ice crean, top with almonds and by this point you hear beep lol pour choc on icecream, it hardens a bit and its delicious. Literally less than 2-3mins.

Quoting mahamasvan:

Can you just come over for like a week?

Quoting silka08:

Tonights dessert: coconut ice cream, almonds and dark choc melted (w/ drop canola oil)...yum :-)

LucyHarper
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Think of your son and the pain he goes through everytime you eat dairy, that should be motivation enough. You'll live without dairy, he will be in a lot of pain and discomfort with it.

Glowing4Caleb
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok, eliminating dairy is SO easy once you get used to it. The only time i miss it is when I want a glass of cold milk and have to have soy, rice or coconut instead. My son age 4 is allergic to milk, so I am used to making foods without it. I suspect my 12 week old also has a dairy allergy, so I am avoiding it. I make cookies, cakes, cheesy things all the time with vegan products. Visit my blog (havent updated in a LONG time, but there are plenty of recipes on it.) http://52treatsicaneat.wordpress.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)