Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nipple pain!!(posted in my due date group too)

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
My nipples are in so much pain, I haven't been able to bf all day!! I'm actually scared to let him try now the pain is excruciating!!! I've been pumping all day like right before his feedings is the only time I can get enough out!! So I pump and feed, it sucks!!! I went and bought a nipple shield and it hurt worse!!

Hes latching the same way he always has so I don't get it? Maybe he's nursing too frequently? I know sometimes he scares himself while sucking and pulls back or off, but don't think that's it,just don't know if I can keep up with him and this pumping since I have no extra!!

I'm so scared to even try it now the pain was awful HELP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommy_4509
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM
How old is your baby ? Have you ha baby checked for tongue and lip tie?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Is the pain ONLY when he is latched on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:26 AM
If this is new pain it could be thrush or teething, can you describe the pain and when it happens? Is it only on one side or both? Kellymom has an article to help you troubleshoot as well, google "kellymom sore nipples after months of pain-free nursing"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM
put nip cream or a dab of olive oil on the inside of the pump nozzle before pumping and on the inside of the shield before feeding. trust me u will feel better in a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilydoyle
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Sounds like teething to me. How old?

krys1025
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:49 AM
He'll be a month on thurs. haven't had him checked for tongue or lip tied since he's been doing good up until now..

It's like a stinging pain mainly on left, used to only be for a few seconds on left when he first latched, now it's constant on left... I was able to feed him on right side this morning with no pain, been putting breastmilk and lanolin and letting them air out all yesterday...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blg5484
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM

sounds like thrush and I would ditch the pump they ALWAYS make my nips sore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)