Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

really?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 23 Replies
Nc has a post abou allergied and someone said she thinks kids have allergies now bc moms BREAST FEED more now.
Wtf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, if that's true, than that would mean that humans are naturally supposed to have more allergies?!? And formula saved us from nature by tempering allergies?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM
She thinks it breast milk. She said now that more moms bf (don't know where she got that) kids have more allergies, lol.
I thought bm made them have LESS, lol. Told her they've already studied that and she was wrong. Durrrrr

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Well, if that's true, than that would mean that humans are naturally supposed to have more allergies?!? And formula saved us from nature by tempering allergies?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Exactly LMAO

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I tried to link it, but my phone didn't copy it, now I can't find it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorsmommy08
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

oi! I don't even know what to say to that, lol.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I'll bet you can beat your head on that brick wall all night and that poster will still be convinced that her theory holds some water. Do you suppose that countries without access to formula have entire populations of allergy-riddled children?!?

Quoting kitty8199:

She thinks it breast milk. She said now that more moms bf (don't know where she got that) kids have more allergies, lol.

I thought bm made them have LESS, lol. Told her they've already studied that and she was wrong. Durrrrr

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejbljb
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I'd like to see those studies...lol
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Oohhh, I've got it figured out!

See breastfeeding makes your immune system work better, and part of the whole allergy theory is that things are to clean now so the immune system gets "bored" and attacks harmless things like pollen & dust resulting in allergies. So breastfeeding make your immune system work TOO well and gives you allergies :-)

(and if anyone can't tell, I'm being extremely sarcastic)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I'll bet you can beat your head on that brick wall all night and that poster will still be convinced that her theory holds some water. Do you suppose that countries without access to formula have entire populations of allergy-riddled children?!?

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
4 moms liked this
I have heard for years that being in an "over-sterilized" environment made kids more prone to developing allergies. I have done my best to combat those forces by not knocking myself out cleaning the house. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. ;-)

Quoting larissalarie:

See breastfeeding makes your immune system work better, and part of the whole allergy theory is that things are to clean now so the immune system gets "bored" and attacks harmless things like pollen & dust resulting in allergies. So breastfeeding make your immune system work TOO well and gives you allergies :-)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Well if a messy house is what's best for the kids..... ;-)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I have heard for years that being in an "over-sterilized" environment made kids more prone to developing allergies. I have done my best to combat those forces by not knocking myself out cleaning the house. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. ;-)

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)