Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loving California!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 26 Replies

I'm in ca on a business trip, missing my nursling like crazy, but loving the things I keep finding that are so in line with the things I find important! This was in the Nordstrums I was in to use the restroom. What a wonderful accommodation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perezamberly
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Californians are very focused on health :) and breastfeeding is def healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Yes! I'm from Arkansas, and while my region is working on it, we aren't there yet. It is so refreshing to see an area where they encourage breastfeeding and make it normal!

Quoting perezamberly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atherianos
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump, that's why I live here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovegigi
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM
:) nice to know they have them in the nordstroms. I guess we do have it pretty good:) I complain sometimes but it's better than nothing.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM
California is also the one state I've heard makes mothers wait a month (presumably to attempt to breastfeed) before they can get free formula from WIC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM
My cousin was able to get it right away from wic :( she didn't even try to bf once

Quoting larissalarie:

California is also the one state I've heard makes mothers wait a month (presumably to attempt to breastfeed) before they can get free formula from WIC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM
It's great huh:) I'm from Oregon but living in Texas and Texas doesn't have anything like they do over on the west coast! Enjoy the rest of your business trip:)

Quoting cemcnair:

Yes! I'm from Arkansas, and while my region is working on it, we aren't there yet. It is so refreshing to see an area where they encourage breastfeeding and make it normal!

Quoting perezamberly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM
In California? I know that's standard in other states...

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

My cousin was able to get it right away from wic :( she didn't even try to bf once

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Depends on the city and wic office when I lived in riverside they were adamant about nursing than I moved back to San bernardino and they're for breast feeding but not like riverside

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Yes SoCal is great about breastfeeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)