Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No formula today!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 23 Replies
8 moms liked this
I had to supplement with formula when my baby lost over a pound in 4 days after birth. Well by 3 weeks he was back up to birth weight so I started backing off on the supplements. Today was the first day we went all day, 24 hours actually, with no formula at all! I think my supply has finally caught up. The past few days I was only offering an ounce of formula if he still acted hungry after eating, which was down to only once or twice a day, and today he finally seemed satisfied after each feeding and I didn't need to offer any at all. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Congratulations!

awilliams77
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Wonderful! Good job.
CountryGirl0809
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Such a great feeling! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigheg
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Wonderful!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Yay!!! :)  Hold on, because the next growth spurt is goign to throw you for a loop.  Now that you've gone without formula, you can continue to do so.  Just count diapers. :)

ejbljb
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Woohoo! That's great!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

YAY!!

So from here on out dont base supply on satisfied..base it on diapers.  Growth spurts can cause baby to act unsatisfied and that wont mean baby needs suppliments!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I agree. The growth spurts are frequent and can make you doubt yourself. Count diapers to know that your baby is getting enough.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

YAY!!

So from here on out dont base supply on satisfied..base it on diapers.  Growth spurts can cause baby to act unsatisfied and that wont mean baby needs suppliments!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Congrats! And I agree w pp. Unsatisfied babies = growth spurts and supplementing with formula again will set back your supply. It is normal for growing babies to nurse more or even fuss at the breast.

Keep up the good work though!! =)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)