Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

my first post...new baby! need advice!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 23 Replies
Yesterday, I had my second daughter. With my first, she would never latch and had feeding issues altogether. This little one is great it seems. She latched right away and stayed on for 15mins after birth. Now she eats every 2.5-3 hours and stays on for 30 mins on one side. She seems satisfied and sleepy afterwards. Is this normal? It feels too good to me true almost. I mean she must be getting something, right? The nurses seem happy, but having such a hard time with DD1, I feel new at this. Thank you in advance!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dimples04
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes a sleepy baby is a full & happy baby. Congrats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessihernandez
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Just remember each baby, like each pregnancy, is different. I'm so happy for you that things seem to be going well. Keep up the great work. And congrats!!!

cabsmom10
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Sounds perfect! Congrats :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Perfect! Her stomach is the size of a marble, so yes, she is getting something. Just follow her and watch diapers. You should have two diapers today, three tomorrow and six-eight at the end of the week and after that. Nurse whenever she wakes unless she has jaundice, then you nurse more often.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Perfect. No messing with it. **smile** Congrats!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM
This! Are you timing or going by baby's demand?
Congratulations! :-)

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m4m4j
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Oh I'm SO jealous!!!! Congrats!!! Sounds good! Sleepy babies r usually full and happy. Hope it's that easy with this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Sounds perfect! As long as she has enough diapers, she's getting enough. 1 diaper per day of life for the first week (so today you want two diapers) and then at least 6 per day after that.

lovinlife2005
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I was timing it but at the moment going by demand. She hasn't eaten since 10:15am. Trying to get her to wake up. She last ate for 40mins. She has had two or three poppy/pee diapers today. Since being born at 7:25 last night she has had 7 diapers.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
She is getting plenty as evidenced by her diapers, so I wouldn't worry about time at all. Timing can make you crazy. Do not limit her time at the breast, no matter what any "professional" says. Is she still pooping the meconium?

Quoting lovinlife2005:

I was timing it but at the moment going by demand. She hasn't eaten since 10:15am. Trying to get her to wake up. She last ate for 40mins. She has had two or three poppy/pee diapers today. Since being born at 7:25 last night she has had 7 diapers.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)