Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding friendly my aunt fanny.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 25 Replies
Omg. Dd was at 15% weight loss. I supplemented. She came up to 9% loss. Today at her 1 day check up she was at 11.5% loss. So her pedi told me (after watching her nurse, complimenting the latch and hearing the gulping sounds) that after offering both sides, give her as much formula as she will take....no one hears me and she doesn't even believe after seeing her punch drunk at the breast that she.is.full. She has never spit up anything before and today I tried feeding her when she seemed done and she spit up.

All this for 1.86 ounces folks. That's a feeding. Good gracious. If I wanted to overstuff my baby id feed her formula.

Bw: 7lb 12 oz.
Current: 6 lb 13 oz
8 dirty tan poop and 8 wet diapers per day.
Feeding more than 8 times a day.

So for your 1.86 oz above "the limit" (sounds like a dwi lol) I say thhhp. My baby is only 5 days old. Waking to nurse every 1-4 hours, (once at 4.5) but usually every hour-2 hours.

Gotta love raising children "by the numbers"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myerslisa2
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell them to shove it lol.

My last baby lost weight, I didn't supplement and within a month she had rolls.

You sound like your doing a great job :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM
The diaper count is the only accurate measure. After a week old, you are looking for 6-8 diapers a day (poop counts as two!). You are rocking it Momma. Keep up with the nursing and I recommend only supplementing using a supplemental nursing system, so you are still getting stimulated from her nursing. : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Omg the sns is the DEVIL. Dd won't suck on the breast with it even when it's on right. Even the LC was confused. She wouldn't latch properly with it. And that tube dug a hole in my nipple. Just healed up.

Quoting louzannalady:

The diaper count is the only accurate measure. After a week old, you are looking for 6-8 diapers a day (poop counts as two!). You are rocking it Momma. Keep up with the nursing and I recommend only supplementing using a supplemental nursing system, so you are still getting stimulated from her nursing. : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Yeah. Just let that baby nurse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM
4 moms liked this

"give her as much formula as she will take"

really? cuz I'm pretty sure that's the most common problem we correct - they will take what you give them.

time for a new doctor...

annaica
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Wow you are doing awesome! I'd drop one supplemental feeding a day...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM
*hug* *blush* I am so sorry! That is AWFUL! I have never heard of that happening. I am so proud of you for pushing through! You are doing great! Oh and I agree with the other ladies. Your doctor is a moron who is trying to sabatoge your efforts. Find a new one ASAP!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Omg the sns is the DEVIL. Dd won't suck on the breast with it even when it's on right. Even the LC was confused. She wouldn't latch properly with it. And that tube dug a hole in my nipple. Just healed up.

Quoting louzannalady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I completely agree! I wouldn't ever go back to that doctor.

Quoting sreichelt26:

really? cuz I'm pretty sure that's the most common problem we correct - they will take what you give them.

time for a new doctor...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:13 AM
No joke. First time she spit up on me.

Quoting sreichelt26:

time for a new doctor...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

So baby is 5 days old & dr is expecting  birthweight gained already??? Ummm that's not right! Could take 2 weeks at least to gain it back. Was baby a section? They tend to lose more weight which is ok.  Get a new dr asap & never go back to that one. Feed baby on demand & ditch the formula .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)