Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pain meds safe?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM
  • 17 Replies
Had an accident and really need done pain relief, I've been toughing it out but now I'm not letting down and ya I need to not be in pain... I'm talking otc btw.

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:11 AM
What exact meds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Almost all pain medications are fine. The only otc pain med that is not safe is aspirin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Well...still haven't heard from you, so I'll just say most everything is fine, just NO aspirin. You can look up meds on LactMed, or if you let me know what you're thinking of I'll lol it up for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:04 AM
What happened? Poor girl. If it involves swelling I would take ibuprofen, heck I would just take ibuprofen anyway lol. I use it for everything pain related.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Me too. I add Excedrin tension (without aspirin) when I have a migraine.

Quoting Daynaof3:

What happened? Poor girl. If it involves swelling I would take ibuprofen, heck I would just take ibuprofen anyway lol. I use it for everything pain related.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I stepped on the spiked part of a old gardening hoe/rake it punctured my foot pretty deep in two places and broke the bone in my foot that leads to my little toe.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Thank you this is exactly what I need to know!

Quoting sreichelt26:

Well...still haven't heard from you, so I'll just say most everything is fine, just NO aspirin. You can look up meds on LactMed, or if you let me know what you're thinking of I'll lol it up for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Oooh girl. Get a prescription for that! Definitely ibuprofen to keep swelling down, but vicodin is safe too.

Quoting carolyntx:

I stepped on the spiked part of a old gardening hoe/rake it punctured my foot pretty deep in two places and broke the bone in my foot that leads to my little toe.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Eek! That's awful! Did they give you a tetanus shot?

Quoting carolyntx:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM
They said I was ok since I've had one this year, not sure if I really should have had one but when I told them I wouldn't agree to anything not bfing safe they just said I was covered by the shot from 7 months ago

Quoting Daynaof3:

Eek! That's awful! Did they give you a tetanus shot?

Quoting carolyntx:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)