Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You want a laugh??? ;-)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 4 Replies
We met with a lactation consultant yesterday. Loved. Her. She was so kind and calm and just put my mind at ease where DD's reflux/spitting up/infant bulimia (LOL) is concerned. DD hasn't gained any weight in the last week, but she's still producing wet and poopies and has more wakeful periods during the day.

Unfortunately, she is rather fussy. I'm basically walking around topless and offering the breast whenever she gets ticked off (which seems to do the trick! Hello, growth spurt). Here's your funny: LC said to dump the pacifier. DD has a teeny little mouth as it is, and (why this didn't dawn on me before....) the binky is just encouraging her to tighten her lips around a nipple rather than opening wide for a good latch (I seriously felt like an idiot when she told me that....why didn't I pick up on that???). DH's response? Wait for it. You're going to chuckle.

"Well, we'll see, but taking the paci away just doesn't seem practical. She's going to cry."

God. Forbid. A. Baby. Would. . . . . . . . . CRY. The horror!!!

Seriously?? I'm the one home with her all day. I'm the one who stays up all night propped up on the couch with her upright so that she can sleep angled and not throw up. He got up at her 2:00 feeding last night and came and sat with me for "moral support" - ten minutes in, I begged him to go back to bed because his sighing and yawning was really aggravating me. I do NOT want to hear how tired he is. If she cries, denying her a pacifier is NOT going to hurt her. Offering her a boob? Only going to help.

Why don't men get it? And, why are they so abused by parenthood? Honestly. I have NO sympathy. He's the one who went and played softball and left me with a hungry newborn and a fussy toddler all night. Shut it, buddy.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lilylover1990
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

My husband is the same way, it IS SOOO aggravating when they sit there and yawn and act the most tired person in the world, they have no clue, and when I do ask for help I get even more mad because he falls asleep while holding the baby, COME ON! haha 

Moogie1005
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM

My DH complains that I don't wake him in the night when our babies wake up.  I tell him there is no point in both of us being awake.  If I need his help, I wake him.  It is more practical to me to have him well rested so he can care for the kids during the day.  That way I can sneak in a nap or two if possible.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

eema.gray
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My rabbi and his wife have a fabulous story.  When they were having babies, the first word she taught them to say was not mommy or eema (hebrew for mommy).  Instead, she taught them abba (daddy) as a first word.  In the middle of the night, they would call for abba, he would get them, bring them to bed so she could nurse, and he had to stay awake to take them back to their beds when they were finished nursing.  :-D  I suspect the untold part of the story is that she had to elbow or kick him awake when baby was done nursing, LOL.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Men like to solve problems..the paci solves the crying lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)