Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does let down feel like to you?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM
  • 19 Replies
When this kid stops sucking the life out of me ;) I'll get on the computer and post a poll. I'm mobile currently.

I was bfing him a week or so ago (he's only 2 wks and 2 days old) and I suddenly got so itchy. I felt like bugs were crawling all over. My chest, stomach, boobs...all my upper body. This happened really bad at least twice when I was feeding him. I was also getting really bad headaches that would set in when I was feeding and go away soon after. I thought I needed to increase my water intake.

Imagine my surprise when I read (I think on kellymom) that these are both signs of let down. So weird! Our bodies are sometimes unusual and amazing things!
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I used to get a warm tingly rush but that stopped about 5-6 months. I no longer feel letdown. My dd is 24 months. Same with my first dd who weaned at 3 yrs, 5 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chey88
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM

What is letdown?

hlzcmjzajz
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM
To me my nipples start throbbing & I feel tingly sensations all over my breast... Its completely new to me because I never felt my letdown when I was nursing my son 4 yrs ago!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Nails on a chalk board. I hate it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofamamasboy
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM
To me, it felt like strings being pulled out of my nipples. Not painful but would give me the willies. Just weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boom_maker
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM

i feel a very intense stinging sensation in my breasts. my son is 16mo old and i still get it.

MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Let down is when your nipples are so stimulated that milk flows on its own. Both may even squirt/leak.

You can have 2 or 3+ letdowns but only feel the first one.

Quoting chey88:

What is letdown?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_McK
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:44 PM
It feels tingly and kind of like my boobs are going to explode but also a tight sensation at the same time. Haha... it's a strange feeling
MamaTwinkleA
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
For the first 2 months... Liquid napalm....yeowch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_grizz
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Feels like my boobs are being inflated and are gonna pop. Used to feel itchy, but that went away about a month ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)