Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme elimination diet- please help

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have been completely dairy free for over a month. I was seeing amazing results in my now 12 week old son up until about 2 weeks ago. Now he is constantly fussy or crying, barely sleeps and is in obvious discomfort most of the time. I've been egg free for about a week.

I am afraid to eat anything. I'm pretty much only going to eat white, yellow and green foods in hopes that I can figure this out. I am afraid to eat onions, broccoli, juice, cereal... Pretty much everything. I cry all the time bc I know it's my fault he is in pain. Any advice, experiences or words of encouragement are appreciated.

I don't know why we were doing so well for a few weeks and it's getting progressively worse now (Isaac's fussiness and discomfort). I have no patience for my other 2 kids (2 and 4 yo). I can hardly enjoy my sweet little boy and I just want him to feel better. Thanks for your advice.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shortijess20
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Take him to a chiropractor, it helped with ds3 &I wish I would have known for ds1& ds2. My ds3&4 we're both adjusted at 5&6 days old. It helps with digestion, ear infections, list goes on&on. I'm mobile so can't really type a whole lot but I work for a chiro &I'll b more than happy to help u if ur interested just send me a message. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

It may not be anything you're eating. At 12 weeks he's ripe for teething pain. Which is a whole 'nother kettle o'fish and looks alike all the other fussiness and aggravation.

Any drooling going?

Char07
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Any chance you've had hidden dairy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calcalmommy
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM
It's very possible it's not you so don't beat yourself up. :) Try some teething meds maybe; talk to your pediatrician. Maybe he has acid reflux and just needs some meds. Good luck momma!!
preacherskid
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
First off, it is NOT your fault. You are not doing things on purpose to hurt him, you are trying to make him feel better. How is he fussy? Is he gassy, pukey, just generally cranky? Any chewing or drooling? Any times of the day he is more fussy? Does he seem to want to nurse more often? Any pulling off, choking, gagging while nursing? Any other signs of food sensitivities like rash, unusual bowel movement, etc?
larissalarie
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I would triple check to make certain you aren't eating hidden dairy in processed foods.
The next logical thing to eliminate is actually soy. (it's in everything, do even if you don't specifically eat soy foods you're still almost certainly eating it) 50% who can't tolerate cow milk protein also develop a sensitivity to soy protein. Like the cow milk protein, it can take up to a month to see full results.

Don't feel bad! If he's having a hard time digesting the proteins filtered through you and in gentle, easy to digest breastmilk, just think how hard formula would be!
It's not you, it's just the unnatural foods that now fill our grocery stores and dominate our diets. He's definitely better off with your milk them the alternative :-)

Don't worry about the color of your food! There's almost no chance things like broccoli & onions are the issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)