Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is a little weird but

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 12 Replies
I haven't given birth yet and I have chosen to not find out gender even though I'm positive its a girl.
I definitely want to bf buuuut if its a boy I would feel strange.

What are some techniques to calm down and change my idea of breasts and boys?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
comf
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I didn't find out the sex either!

I think that until they are older, like teens, it doesn't really matter if children are male or female. They are just babies. I bought my son a princess phone because he picked it up in the checkout lane. He doesn't know its girly, he's 1!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliams77
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I had 3 girls, then a boy, so by the time he came around, it didn't seem weird. I was totally comfortable with bf. But I can see where you are coming from.
I'll bet that once she or he is here and you look at that tiny face, gender won't matter.
I bf my son the longest- he was the last, and weaned at not quite 3 yrs
newbabystarr09
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

when its your child girl or boy it feels the same to bf..I have Breastfed 2 sons and my daughter and I at this time I'm Bfing my son hes 10 weeks old it don't feel any diff..Your child is your child No matter the sex

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
comf
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM
My dh and his brothers (5 of them) were all breast fed and they are the greatest, most respectful guys ever. They are not boob crazy or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

When I had my son 26 year's ago I wanted a girl. My husband wanted a boy. We decided not to find out either until we had our baby. My mom had four girls so I had never been around baby boy's much in my life. When we had him I fell in love with him. Wouldn't trade him for anything. If you have a boy you will feel the same thing. My son love's me so much. I get a hug and a kiss from him everyday. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I bottle fed him, so I didn't have to worry about that part of it.

Jmommy823
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM
When the baby comes it won't matter. Before you have the baby you may have ideas of what you would or wouldn't do and other misconceptions. But as a first time mom myself...if it doesn't hit by the time baby is born then it will hit when baby comes and you will do anything for your baby. Including BFing if it's a boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I guess I wont be thinking of him as a boy until he's older but I guess knowing my son sucked on my tit still makes me queasy. Maybe if I cut breasts out of bedroom time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I had no problems nursing my firstborn, a boy. I remember longing to have him in my arms and at my breast before he was born. He is 4 1/2 now, and only knows boobies are for babies and milks. He's seen me nurse his two sisters, and will see me nurse his new baby "brother" (he insists!) in October.

I'm not sure I have any advice, but nursing a baby is nursing a baby, it doesn't make a difference what's under the diaper.

maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kimbyann:

I guess I wont be thinking of him as a boy until he's older but I guess knowing my son sucked on my tit still makes me queasy. Maybe if I cut breasts out of bedroom time

Bedroom time is completely separate. Boobs have nothing to do with baby at that point, as much as the bedroom has nothing to do with nursing. Two different activities. You'll kiss the baby's mouth, but never the same way you'd kiss hubby's. Same concept.

Kimbyann
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I know. That's what I'm trying to get to think. :/

Quoting maggiandmike:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Bedroom time is completely separate. Boobs have nothing to do with baby at that point, as much as the bedroom has nothing to do with nursing. Two different activities. You'll kiss the baby's mouth, but never the same way you'd kiss hubby's. Same concept.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)