Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 15 month old is refusing to nurse...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
And I feel awful because part of me is like "HALLEFREAKINLUJAH!".

But I am slightly sad that she's not enjoying it as much. She still likes to at bedtime, but during the day she screams and hits if I try to nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AbqAnodyne
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I think that's totally normal but doesnt make it less difficult. My older son did the same thing at around 15 months and my lactation consultant said to go with it and wean. It worked out well because it turned out I was a few weeks pregnant! Maybe that's a possibility? I have heard a lot of kids wean when mom becomes pregnant because the taste changes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM
There is a very slim chance I am, plus I just had a pregnancy test done tuesday. It was negative.

Quoting AbqAnodyne:

I think that's totally normal but doesnt make it less difficult. My older son did the same thing at around 15 months and my lactation consultant said to go with it and wean. It worked out well because it turned out I was a few weeks pregnant! Maybe that's a possibility? I have heard a lot of kids wean when mom becomes pregnant because the taste changes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Self weaning is great. It sounds like she's weaning herself. Don't push it (not saying you are), and just let her do it when she wants to. Bitter sweet moment :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Toddlers go through phases like this then go back to nursing like crazy to reconnect. These phases are completely normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I don't want her to go back. Lol.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Toddlers go through phases like this then go back to nursing like crazy to reconnect. These phases are completely normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)