Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF Jerk!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 21 Replies

I so fu*king pissed right now, my SO doesn't support me breast feeding making my attempt at exclusivly breast feeding her go bad.

He is telling me that I have to give her the bottle after a nursing session.

UGH! anybody else SO being an total asshole.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newbabystarr09
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Ask him what did mom's do before there were bottles..Breastfeeding means there are NO bottles needed

TattoodMommy19
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
9 moms liked this
Tell him when he grows boobs then he's allowed to make boob related decisions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girllovescamo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM
How old is baby? Is it possible he's feeling a little left out with bonding since she's BF? If not and he's just being a jerk, could u bring up some info and have him read about bf babies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3sillykids
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Ask him why he would think that. There is no reason any baby HAS to have a bottle after nursing, that just doesn't make sense.

sreichelt26
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Until he can back up his request with FACTS, he's not allowed to comment.

newbabystarr09
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's feeling left out he can bathe the baby and change diapers..That is the way dad bonds with baby..Remember it is your body your baby you decide not him..And yes, It is his baby too..But the way the baby is fed is your choice you got the breast not him

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I agree w pp. See why he thinks she needs a bottle after feeding. I also think he should do some research. Normally, when dh and I disagree (read he doesn't understand why I do things a certain way) I show him my research and then he does some research and then he understands. =) good luck!!
ruthee1
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I am sorry... what does SO mean?

I can't imagine how frustrating this would be!  It takes so much energy to breast feed, and care for a new born and to have to take on this as well is too much!  Maybe SO is trying to communicate with you that you need a break and isn't doing the communicating effectively?  If not just reinforce why you have made your decision and ask for support as you believe (and I) that this is the best thing for your baby.

ruthee1
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM

And daddy can burp the baby too!

ashleigheg
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
SO means significant other.

Sorry SO is being such a jerk! I'm lucky to have a very supportive DH. He's fantastic! He has been behind me 110% on everything baby related. maybe your SO would benefit from getting some education from a LC on breastfeeding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)