Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great WIC Appointment plus baby pic!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

Oh I love my WIC office so breastfeeding friendly :)

We had our first appt since Trystan was born in January this morning. The lady was super excited when i said he was NOT on formula and my goal is to bf till at least a year with delayed solids :) she said even with ff babies they try to stress to mom to delay to at least 7 months anyway and dont start giving baby food vouchers till then but will delay longer if babies pediatrician tells them too. So now my plan is to educate our pedi about delayed solids and get her to agree to telling them no baby food at all will be needed to we can do baby led solids.

Anyway I havent lost or gained since his birth and my iron was beyond excellent :)

My 3 yr old is 27.2 pounds and 37 1/4 inches. Yes hes a tiny thing and was ff.

Trystan is shy of 3 months, 10# 11ozs and 22 1/4 inches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lfrrll5
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Awesome great job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_4509
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Sounds like my boy . He just turned 3 a few weeks ago and he's 28 lbs and 36 inches tall . He's tiny too . And he was FF . But we have lots of short PP on my side and hubby's side of the family .... My DD just turned 5 months And is 14 lbs 25 inches tall . I plan to BF a year. I'm just glad I made it this long cuz my son I stopped BFding at 10 weeks :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_4509
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Great job though !!!! Keep it up ! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Tall skinny people run im my family but then both my boys were preemies. Dante was 8 weeks early and 2# 13ozs and 15 1/4 inches. I honestly hope he grows soon or Trystan will out weigh him soon.

Oh and Trystan was 6 weeks early and 3# 15ozs and 16 inches.

Quoting mommy_4509:

Sounds like my boy . He just turned 3 a few weeks ago and he's 28 lbs and 36 inches tall . He's tiny too . And he was FF . But we have lots of short PP on my side and hubby's side of the family .... My DD just turned 5 months And is 14 lbs 25 inches tall . I plan to BF a year. I'm just glad I made it this long cuz my son I stopped BFding at 10 weeks :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haymanisourson
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I didn't know there was such a thing as a great wic appointment. Lol! That's awesome they are so supportive. I'm about to move to Asheville, nc and they are very bf friendly. I'm hoping the wic office there is too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I posted this not longer ago about our office getting praised

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=325&topic_id=16145796

Quoting haymanisourson:

I didn't know there was such a thing as a great wic appointment. Lol! That's awesome they are so supportive. I'm about to move to Asheville, nc and they are very bf friendly. I'm hoping the wic office there is too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Glad it went so well!
(and omg, my 14 month old is bigger than your 3 yay old!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
A friend of ours has a 12 month old that weighs more lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Glad it went so well!

(and omg, my 14 month old is bigger than your 3 yay old!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)