Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have a queston

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM
  • 12 Replies
My son is 3wks today and he like to sleep at night but I wake him up every three hoes ute that okay to go that long we have had to supplement but are back to more boob than formula since my mastitis is gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rpowers12
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

If your baby is content with sleeping all night then leave him to sleep. Mine did that as well and I took him to doctor concerned and she said that the baby would not starve himself. If his output is good and gaining weight then leave him be and let him sleep.

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM
He has awesome weight gain and his out put is great.

Quoting rpowers12:

If your baby is content with sleeping all night then leave him to sleep. Mine did that as well and I took him to doctor concerned and she said that the baby would not starve himself. If his output is good and gaining weight then leave him be and let him sleep.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Were you not able to nurse during your mastitis?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM
I lost my supply from the antibiotic I want getting enough for him to be satisfied.for the last week I felt like a failure because of it.but I am getting my supply back slowly we at nursing every two hours during the day but not that often at night I still have to give him formula 2oz after breastfeeding or he cries.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Never look for satisfied, only count diapers :)
As long as baby is having atleast 6 wet/dirty diapers (poopy counts as 2), your supply is fine and supplementing is not needed. A lot of breastfeeding moms mistake common fussiness, supply regulation, and growth spurts for low supply. I could be wrong, but antibiotics don't normally mess with supply at all. How are diapers without supplementing?
Oh, and the word "failure" is soooo not allowed here! You are most certainly not a failure!

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

I lost my supply from the antibiotic I want getting enough for him to be satisfied.for the last week I felt like a failure because of it.but I am getting my supply back slowly we at nursing every two hours during the day but not that often at night I still have to give him formula 2oz after breastfeeding or he cries.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Trust your instinct
comf
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:17 PM
If you feel like he is not getting enough then I think you should keep waking him.

Are you giving the two ounces after every feeding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM
The diapers are great without supplementing also.the pediatrician told me to supplement because he was fussy and want getting enough.I was confused because he had gained a pound in a week ebf and no formula but she said it want enough and the doctor told me that the antibiotic that she gave me would tale my supply away and it did.I don't remember the name but it started with a b

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

As long as baby is having atleast 6 wet/dirty diapers (poopy counts as 2), your supply is fine and supplementing is not needed. A lot of breastfeeding moms mistake common fussiness, supply regulation, and growth spurts for low supply. I could be wrong, but antibiotics don't normally mess with supply at all. How are diapers without supplementing?

Oh, and the word "failure" is soooo not allowed here! You are most certainly not a failure!

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Yea.I know I am pumping 2 to 4oz in between feedings so he is probily getting 2ozbreast and 2pz formula

Quoting comf:

If you feel like he is not getting enough then I think you should keep waking him.

Are you giving the two ounces after every feeding?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Oh my goodness mama, no more supplementing! No baby would have that many diapers and gain that much weight if he's wasn't getting more than enough milk from you!!! I'm sorry, but your doc is soooo wrong. And I also noticed how much you are pumping. If you're able to pump that much (plus take into consideration the 1 lb gain in a week) I'm thinking you actually have an oversupply, which can create fussy babies. Babies should only be gaining 4-6 lbs a week, 1 lb is ALOT.

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

The diapers are great without supplementing also.the pediatrician told me to supplement because he was fussy and want getting enough.I was confused because he had gained a pound in a week ebf and no formula but she said it want enough and the doctor told me that the antibiotic that she gave me would tale my supply away and it did.I don't remember the name but it started with a b

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN