Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

who gives ther lo rice cereal

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 53 Replies
How young did you give it..im thinking of talking to my dr about skipping it i just dnt know. My dd will be 4months on the 1st shes ebf. Im 18 and only have a few mommy friend irl and all of them ff so thats why i wanna ask you bf mommas :) also what age did you start other food. I see some of those organic pouches that say 4month olds can eat them idk seems a little off to me. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:04 PM
i havent done any cereal, and he just started eating foods a little bit ago. he will be 9 months sat. and he just eats what i eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:04 PM
I don't give any cereal or purées. Google baby led solids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
This!!

6 months is the absolute minimum for solid introduction for a bf baby.

Quoting maggiandmike:

I don't give any cereal or purées. Google baby led solids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No solids(yes cereal is considered a solid) until at least 6 months! I  woudl not do rice or any cereal at all though. it's empty useless calories & is equivalent to feeding your baby junkfood. I would google baby led solids & not give purees or cereal at all. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh & btw in case you did not know(there are many who do not know) you do not need your dr's permission to skip or not give solids. Dr's are not properly trained in infant nutrition & often give outdated advice. If your dr tries to push you just grin, nod & do what you KNOW is right or find a new dr.

Char07
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM
We did baby led solids past 6 months with no cereal :)
hfs1998
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I don't do cereal anymore with my babies (I did with the first one in 2001, but now I know better so I do better).  It isn't needed.  I start sometime after six months.  We've started babies with sweet potatoes (my second and third babies) and avocado (my fourth baby).  For the first year, the baby's main source of nutrition is breastmilk (or formula).  Food is just for fun and experimentation.  At least that is my understanding! :)

sophiesister2
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM
So you wldnt feed "baby food"? You just feed ur lo wat ur eating? I googled it and i like the idea but all those pureed baby food pouches are so cute :p lol

Quoting mamabens:

No solids(yes cereal is considered a solid) until at least 6 months! I  woudl not do rice or any cereal at all though. it's empty useless calories & is equivalent to feeding your baby junkfood. I would google baby led solids & not give purees or cereal at all. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arisce
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Don't worry, my DD did baby led weaning and now she eats the pouches! LOL! She has food allergies though so I can't just toss a banana in my bag for her. The pouches are pretty awesome when they're 2 and 3 years.

Quoting sophiesister2:

So you wldnt feed "baby food"? You just feed ur lo wat ur eating? I googled it and i like the idea but all those pureed baby food pouches are so cute :p lol

Quoting mamabens:

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM
No rice cereal for my kiddos. It's void of any real nutrition. We started solids at about 7 months.
Definitely don't give anything before 6 months, whatever you decide about cereal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)