Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello Ladies!!

I have a crack/sliced nipple(were it meets the breast) it needs a night or two to heal! It is very very very painfull...when my sweet boys of 7 months nurses it opens up!! I tried giving him a bottle with bmilk.. wanted NO part of that!! He cried him self to sleep! I have to let it have a chance to heal!!! Anybody got tips on how to encourage him to take the bottle?? Remenber I only have ONE working boob! The other does not work do to 8 weeks of radation!! Please help!!!!!!

Breast cancer survivor breastfeeding momma
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swmmra
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM

see if you can cup feed or dropper feed. If baby won't take a bottle I would say to try that instead. 

purplestar98
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM

will try that to!! I hoping he will just get hungry!! This is just ugly and so sad!!

TTC2Long
by Gina on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Have you been putting bm and lanolin on it? I mean like every hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purplestar98
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:47 PM

yes!!!!!!!!!!!! everytime he nurses and then some!! Anybody know a product that will be keep it from re opening everytime he nurses??

Breast cancer survivor breastfeeding momma
Totallysmitten
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Have you tried one of those things that shields your nipple, but lets the milk come through? I think I remember reading about those somewhere, but I never had to use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I am glad to see that you are a survivor of breast cancer and still nursing your little one...congradulations. Have you tried different nursing positions?  Try football hold,laying down,him sitting next to you facing the back of the couch(use a pillow for him to sit on so he's at the right height) ...something to try and put the main suction in a different area of the breast. Also let your breast be exposed as much as posible at home to the air,it will help it heal.

Hugs Momma...keep trying you're doing really good.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Nipple shield and different positions, Mama.  ((hugs))

purplestar98
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:01 PM

will go get a shield!! At this point will try anything!! The pain is awfull but his pitfull crys are worse!!

purplestar98
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM

** thanks** did the different postions yesterday and that was wayyyyyyyyy worse!! almost passed out!!

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM

target has them!  Good luck!!

Quoting purplestar98:

will go get a shield!! At this point will try anything!! The pain is awfull but his pitfull crys are worse!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)