Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Daughter self wean I need to dry my milk up fast

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

My daughter will be 2 in July..She will only nurse twice a day In the morning and to go to sleep at night and sometimes she won't even do it then..And its only for a few minutes..My breast are so full I'm in pain..If I ask her does she want mum mum milk she will say NO!! I want cup so I pump and give it to her and she will cry and say juice..Shes been like this for a few weeks now..I guess she don't like the taste of my milk anymore..I have a freezer full of milk I have pumped over last year..I don't want to thaw out milk she don't want and have to throw it away..My goal was to breastfeed for 2 years..But it seems Ava has other ideas and self wean 3 months early then my reached goal..I'm kinda sad..But I knew one day this would come to a end and I am dealing with it..I wasn't sure about pumping because I hate pumping and it will not dry me up..I feel like my breast are going to pop..I'm in a lot of pain..OH, BTW I'm 13 weeks pregnant...Any advice please

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I'd say more than anything the taste has changed due  to your pregnancy. You can hand express enough to take the edge off ....she may not be actually self weaning though but  stopping because of the pregnancy. you never know she may start back up after a while.

LKRA
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM
4 moms liked this

That little "BTW" at the end cracked me up. lol

That should have been at the beginning. :)

Hand express to relieve the pain. Don't pump (demand = supply). The hormonal changes will decrease your supply in about.....*looks at calendar* four weeks. :)

FLmommy0204
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

What LKRA said.  The pregnancy is probably changing the taste.  See if she'll take the frozen milk as it might taste better to her.  Or you could add some ovaltine or something to flavor it so you don't lose that stash.

mumlvsAva4ever
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM

BUMP!

kathislove80
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Lol...this

Quoting LKRA:

Hand express to relieve the pain. Don't pump (demand = supply). The hormonal changes will decrease your supply in about.....*looks at calendar* four weeks. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Hugs..i agree wirh ladies abive...also i think bm is good in frezzer for six mo so check dates...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumlvsAva4ever
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM

simple frown

shelley11709
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM
6 months in the freezer 12 months in a deep freezer.

If you are worried about wasting the freezer stash you could always donate.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Hugs..i agree wirh ladies abive...also i think bm is good in frezzer for six mo so check dates...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, hah! Right up until the "btw", I was completely convinced the best course to dry up would be birth control pills like Yaz. But, never mind! Hmmm, how about some crunched cabbage leaves in the bra? I can't find anything online to contraindicate its use during pregnancy. 

Quoting LKRA:

mumlvsAva4ever
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I have most in the deep freezer and some in the upright freezer its been there for about 3-4 months it's about 12 litres in bags.. if I put them in the deep freezer will it last longer?

Quoting shelley11709:

6 months in the freezer 12 months in a deep freezer.

If you are worried about wasting the freezer stash you could always donate.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)