Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my dd want to nurse again

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM
  • 8 Replies
When ds is born? She will be 19 months old.. I nursed her for 3 1/2 weeks and stopped due to my own ignorance (explained in another post)

Have you ladies came across this? What did you do?? Did you nurse the older sibiling or no??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:52 AM
if she hasnt nursed since she was only 3 1/2 weeks old I dont know about getting her to nurse after your baby is born. At the very least you can pump milk for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Lol, it's been so long any "desire" is simply jealously of the new baby (just like bottle babies siblings want to drink bottles)

If she wants to nurse and you're fine with it let her try, it's completely harmless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Im totally ok with her not wanting to nurse... she has a full mouth of very sharp teeth haha

My doctor just brought this up to me and i wondered if any other mammas dealt with this!

Quoting Precious333:

if she hasnt nursed since she was only 3 1/2 weeks old I dont know about getting her to nurse after your baby is born. At the very least you can pump milk for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM
She has a full mouth of very sharp very painful teeth... I'll pass haha

I just wondered if anyone has gone thru this and what they did.

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, it's been so long any "desire" is simply jealously of the new baby (just like bottle babies siblings want to drink bottles)

If she wants to nurse and you're fine with it let her try, it's completely harmless.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLyn822
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:06 AM
My older child is almost 3 and she did ask but I was not comfortable with it at that age and having been weaned since 16 months. I just explained to her that's how babies get milk. She got milk like that when she was a baby too, but now she's a big girl and gets to drink from a cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Thats a good way to explain it.

Quoting JamieLyn822:

My older child is almost 3 and she did ask but I was not comfortable with it at that age and having been weaned since 16 months. I just explained to her that's how babies get milk. She got milk like that when she was a baby too, but now she's a big girl and gets to drink from a cup.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Pretty much EVERY mom with a toddler and a nursling deals with it. Quite normal. No harm no foul no matter what you decide to do.

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I doubt she'd really be able to latch properly  but she might. Teeth have nothing to do with it lol many people nurse kids her age (me) & older with a mouth full  of teeth with no problems. If you don't want to try it then jsut tell her no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)