Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At The Hospital **edit

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:54 AM
  • 36 Replies

Did the nurses put a sticker on your baby's cradle when you informed them you only wanted to breast feed?

I'm so nervous that they will try to give my baby formula, they did that with my first baby without my consent, i bf fine after that, but was still upset that they KNEW I was only breastfeeding, yet still gave him formula.

**edit

I also asked because at my 37 week appointment the nurse gave me 2 boxes of infant formula. I was going to refuse but she was out of the room before I could speak. I go to a clinic for my check-ups that is directly across the street from the hospital I will deliver at. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maria_Peanut
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Yep , they did ! And they came in every 2 hours to make sure i nursed her on time

ETA - She was with me , she never left. They just popped in the room to check on her feeding schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM
My son stayed in my room the whole time with the exception of getting hearing test, shots and circumcision,so it was never an issue. They knew not to give formula and even took the formula out of his drawers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
try4baby20
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM
The baby has a card with all their info on it and mine said I'm breastfed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Nope. SO went to the nursery with him and they tried to give him a bottle of formula and SO said no because I was breastfeeding and they said well we will take her a pump. SO told them no we aren't bottle feeding, she is breastfeeding and they dropped it but when he went back in to get his heal prick they had SO dip her finger (only after trying to talk SO into either a bottle of sugar water or a paci with it) in sugar water and put it in his mouth. they made it seem like he needed it for the test. I was pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:38 AM
My baby never left me, until circumcision, and dh went with him and waiting outside the door. I went with him for hearing test, and shots were done in room. So there was never an opportunity. Same with dd. no sticker identifying bfed or not. Just keep your baby w you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree keep the baby with you. I dont like hearing people say the nurse s messed and gave a paci or bottle or shot or something that they shouldnt have. Keep your baby with you at all times, they cant require you to be seperated. I went with my youngest to thhe hearing test even, she was not getting out of my sight. I will do the same with the next one as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carinsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 AM

I told everyone I came into contact with that she was not to have a binkie, bottle, etc. They put a sticker on her bed thing, and on the door.

LadyStork
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 AM
This. But he was with me in the room.

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Yep , they did ! And they came in every 2 hours to make sure i nursed her on time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:44 AM
She was with me. They just checked on us. Lol

Quoting LadyStork:

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyStork
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Yeah...they made me write it down on a paper too.

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

She was with me. They just checked on us. Lol

Quoting LadyStork:

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)