Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

22 month old doesnt sleep and its getting harder and harder

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

She doesn't sleep thru the night, she constantly wakes up to nurse, I cant get anything done. I was considering melatonin but Im afraid.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Its normal at this age honestly..but work on nightweaning.  Do you have anyone that can help you with night wake ups? Cut back gradually on how many nursings at night you allow and your LO will get used to it.  Dont expect them to like it though.

mummie2b2010
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:12 AM

nope just me

libby261
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Have you tried giving her a snack of jarred fruit like bananas before bed time?  The sugar from the fruit should help her nod off.

gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Sugar often makes them wake MORE... solids before bed can do more harm than good to sleep. Try it but be warned.

OP, best defense usually is to drop anything not strictly needed for survival to give yourself down time.

mummie2b2010
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM

she cries and cries and will cry 3 hours straight no exaggeration.

VLY
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM

starches make a person sleepy... perhaps some mash potatoes, macncheese, rice, cereal?

VLY
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

course I don't have very good advice though... my lo started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks when I finaly stopped forcing him to wake for feedings (he seriously did NOT want to wake up- but was bright eyed and bushy tailed the next day lol)

ashleigheg
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Big hugs hun! I'm right there with you. My DD is 14 months old, and last night was the first night she has given us a 4 hour stretch in.... well.... gosh, I can't even think how long it's been! We're working on night weaning right now, and it's SO hard not to give in when you know a boob is going to be the easiest thing to get them back to sleep. So far, just letting her fidget in my arms and fuss while I shush and pat her back is the only thing that's working, and that's not even all the time...

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I feel you. Mine is almost 33 months and has only slept through the night once in his life. He is up to nurse anywhere from once to five times a night. Kinda sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Quoting mummie2b2010:

she cries and cries and will cry 3 hours straight no exaggeration.

Don't let her cry three hours straight. Put her to bed later. Look for HER sleepy time. Never mind what the books say; some of us are wired for much less sleep than others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)