Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This will help your milk production more than triple!

Posted by   + Show Post

Alphalfa tablets... I took 3 a night, and after three nights, my milk output doubled.   I had the richest milk.  My baby was a super fatty, he didn't even need suppliments of baby food or anything until over a year old.  I just added baby vitamins to his diet at 6 months old. 

Alpahalfa made the difference in all my milk production.  I wish I'd have known about it with my first baby.  She was super colleky, and didn't gain weight like I thought she should.  It would of helped if I'd had a doctor with the brains to help, but he didn't even notice it.

I got my alphalfa at Puritanspride.com I think.  Walmart might carry it too.  Good Luck.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (31-34):
Kenre
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Thank u. I dont pump well, but will need to for Princess. I will try it with my Fenegreek.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sharlarose
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I drank raspberry tea leaf my whole first pregnancy, and after.  I also walked around as mile a day, as well as exercised....

My labor was 32 hours long, my baby ended up spitting up all the time, and my milk production wasn't ANYWHERE rich enough for her, she didn't gain like my other for children. 

With my other four children, i took Alfalfa, and exercised, had labor between 3-6 hours with each at the most, and made double the amount of milk I made with the first baby.  And the last four kiddos were chubby, and healthier.

Quote:

Raspberry leaf is best known for strengthening the uterine muscles so they work more efficiently during labor. Drink raspberry leaf tea throughout pregnancy, with its easily assimilated content of calcium and magnesium, to relieve leg cramps. Also high in iron, the leaves and berries help prevent anemia. Raspberry leaf soothes an upset stomach and will help alleviate mild morning sickness. Taken after birth, it slows bleeding, helps the uterus regain tone, and increases breast milk.

sharlarose
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I couldn't pump either, as my breasts were too large, or some reason.  They just bruised, so had to forget it.

Quote:

I dont pump well...

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM
The only issue I have with this is "it makes it build your baby up against sicknes" as all breast milk does this, no matter what supplements you take. Breast milk straight from the breast will always help prevent/treat illness. :)

Another thing is it's quite misleading. Not all herbs/supplements work the same for everyone, this would've set better with me if it had said "this helped me triple my milk supply". I don't like blanket statements though. I'm glad it worked for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)