Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dairy Allergy Questions :)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi ladies!

My husband and I have decided to try for #3 and I would really love to breastfeed this baby long term. With my son and daughter they both had a sever reaction to my breastmilk and I wish I would of known before hand that I could cut out dairy from my breastmilk. I know it would of went much better. 

So you live and learn.... My question?

Should I cut out dairy from my diet while pregnat, just before the baby comes?

I want to have my breastmilk dairy free so I don't have issues breastfeeding this baby to be...

Thanks ladies! 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleigheg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this
If you think it would help, yes. Dairy takes a full 4 weeks to get out of yours and the baby's systems, so eliminating dairy now would ensure you don't have to eliminate it later if there is a problem. Just make sure to avoid all dairy, even hidden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fitmama13
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Thank you! :) 

cali4niachef
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Hey random Q, do you live in Delaware?

Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Maternity & Newborn Photographer, Childbirth Educator, Student Herbalist, Coffee Addict
My Site                            My Facebook Page                               My Etsy Shop

fitmama13
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I do :) I think I might of asked you for some info on encapsulation for my daughter. 

Quoting cali4niachef:

fitmama13
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I did and we were due at the same time. :) How have you been?

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM
You can cut it out 2 weeks before baby comes (which, of course, is up to baby!) because it takes 2 weeks to be out of your system, then if nursing, 2 weeks toget out of baby's system.

DS has a cows milk sensitivity - I often wonder if he was so small when he was born (lowest weight 5 pounds 11 oz at 42 weeks) was because of my dairy consumption while preggo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fitmama13
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM

My DS has a lactate sensitivity and my DD is allergic to dairy. Guess I should read up on dairy consumption during pregnancy and it's effects. :) Thanks!

larissalarie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe cut it out during your 3rd trimester so you've got time to get used to the alerted diet and plenty of time for it to clear your system? It takes at least 2 weeks to clear out of your system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali4niachef
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Are you local to me? Did we meet?

Did your daughter have her baby yet?

Quoting fitmama13:

I do :) I think I might of asked you for some info on encapsulation for my daughter. 

Quoting cali4niachef:

Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Maternity & Newborn Photographer, Childbirth Educator, Student Herbalist, Coffee Addict
My Site                            My Facebook Page                               My Etsy Shop

fitmama13
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I live up north - we had talked but not in person. We were pregnant at the same time so you couldn't do my encapsulation. Due March 2011. I was having a daughter :) Hope that makes sense. 

Quoting cali4niachef:

Are you local to me? Did we meet?

Did your daughter have her baby yet?

Quoting fitmama13:

Quoting cali4niachef:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)