Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question on BF and adopted babies.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

Any info for breastfeeding a baby you did not birth.  I have a friend who will be adopting a new baby in July and is interrested in BF.  I know it is possible.  Anyone ever succeeded in doing this or kbnow someone who has?

How long does it take, what herbs were used? Etc.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

kellymom has GREAT info as does maggie...I need to bookmark her story darn it!!

Hopefully maggie will show up with all her info and her story..shes BFing her adopted daughter right now

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I did it! I'll post links to info you can forward to your friend when I'm back in my computer.
Goofygadget
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM

It's definetly possible. My dog who never had puppies nursed my cats kittens. At first they'd just suck and she would let them, then she started producing milk.At the time I thought it was cysts forming and oozing. I took her to the vet. He just laughed and told me what it was- Free of charge lol.

All it took the dog to lactate was sucking.

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Love it!!!

Quoting Goofygadget:

It's definetly possible. My dog who never had puppies nursed my cats kittens. At first they'd just suck and she would let them, then she started producing milk.At the time I thought it was cysts forming and oozing. I took her to the vet. He just laughed and told me what it was- Free of charge lol.

KellyReedy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Aww LOVE THIS!

Quoting Goofygadget:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)