• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Regarding vaccinations post..

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM
  • 14 Replies

My dd is 6 years old and was in kindergarten this year.  She was behind on her shots.  I did very few from birth due to her severe food allergy and she seemed to be sick alot.   Anyway, her school told me that she would not be aloud to attend unless she had the vax's.  I read through the other posts and noticed some said you don't have to have them to attend school?  How is this possible?  I actually recieved an extremely nasty call from the school secretary the 1st day of school because my dd wasn't UTD on her shots.  She made it very clear that i could not send her if i didn't have a schedule of when the rest of her shots would be given! 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Not true. Google "vaccination exemption form in ______(your state)" and you can just print it off, fill it out, and they can't say a thing. They don't need to know if you partially vaccinate or delay vaccinations. They have no right to tell you that you MUST vaccinate.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

You can get a medical waiver because of her severe food allergies.  There are forms to fill out.  I'm sure the nonvaxers will chime in with links.

Liz132
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

You can get a vax exemption, depending on the state there are several different exemptions all states at least have medical exemptions

leanne.komnick
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM
I think it depends on your state. I know NY they won't let you attend without your shots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Every state has exemptions. Here in ca its as simple as signing the back of the blue card saying you decline to vaccinate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silka08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Not true...theres still waivers. They are advertided or happily accepted lol but they exist

Quoting leanne.komnick:

I think it depends on your state. I know NY they won't let you attend without your shots.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Every state has a form of vaccination exemption.  What state are you in?

ceckyl
by Kyla on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Pps already told you what to do, but the way they told you what you 'have to do' is a scare tactic. Don't let them bully you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Every school that accepts government funding must accept waivers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM
In MS and WV (is that'l the symbol for west virginia??) there are ONLY medical exemptions, so you may need to get a natural dr to get you an exception. I've not been successful in this.

http://m.ncsl.org/issues-research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)