Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I crazy?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does any other large chested women freak out about suffocation? When I was younger I heard of a lady who suffocated her baby because her breast were large. So I always keep my fingers in between ds nose and my breast.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Babies will always chose air over food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I used to worry about it until my mw who is also a lc told me to just try not holding my boob back at all.  Guess what? baby didn't suffocate, he continued eating. if baby was really having trouble breathing they'd unlatch to catch their breath.

CmC1307
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom told me she was super paranoid about this so when we were little she would always keep her fingers between breast and nose too so we could breathe so now i have adopted that little habit lol.

shelley11709
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I was really worried about this as well at first. If you angle your baby so their body is closer to you and there head is tilted up that leaves plenty of space for the nose. I was more worried when DS was a newborn. The more head control he got the less I worried lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Even small chested women worry about it. You're not crazy.

busdrivermom80
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM

thanks for all the support, he is only 6 weeks, so it will get better I hope. :)

FLmommy0204
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

No, not crazy.  My friend is huge and was paranoid too.  She asked the nurse about it and she looked at her like she was crazy.  Told her not to worry about holding her breast back that baby would be ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)