Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mastitis? Help!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was waiting for DD to wake up from her nap and feeling very "full". When she finally woke up I fed her but afterwards my right breast still hurt and felt off. I felt around and it HURTS underneath (Like the bottom of the areola) and I think I feel a lump. It's not red though. Does this sound like Mastitis??? Help!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JEB1175
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
It sounds like a clogged duct.
http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Clogged duct. *nods*

Mastitis kinda feels like the flu. EVERYTHING aches, you have a fever, you're tired, etc.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Clogged duct!
Nurse nurse nurse! Breast massaging, compressions, hot shower/warm cloth on breasted. I've gotten it a few times and found that hand expressing after I've nursed that crazy usually does the trick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Clogged duct. Massage, feed on that side a lot and put heat on it. I got a clog that almost turned to mastitis out. It was red and painful but it was unclogged 12 hrs later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eckielady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Really? I have a clogged duct on the left side and I can feel the lump plus I can feel the duct all the way up my breast. I have gotten it on that side before and just kept massaging while nursing. This feels different. I can't feel anything to massage (I have felt a bump but only a couple of times). Ugh!! I'll work at it. It hurts like hell.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I never feel my clogged ducts, it all depends on where it is I guess! Have you tried dangle nursing? Lay baby on his/her back and hover over baby and nurse that, gravity will aid in unclogging :)

Quoting eckielady:

Really? I have a clogged duct on the left side and I can feel the lump plus I can feel the duct all the way up my breast. I have gotten it on that side before and just kept massaging while nursing. This feels different. I can't feel anything to massage (I have felt a bump but only a couple of times). Ugh!! I'll work at it. It hurts like hell.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eckielady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I haven't but I will. I will do anything that will help. Thanks!!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

I never feel my clogged ducts, it all depends on where it is I guess! Have you tried dangle nursing? Lay baby on his/her back and hover over baby and nurse that, gravity will aid in unclogging :)

Quoting eckielady:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
eckielady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Well, I tried to dangle nurse her but she thought it was funny and wouldn't eat....LMAO. She just laughed the whole time. :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)