Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got to share my experience & knowledge!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
7 moms liked this
So the girl who lives next door to us & comes over to play with my little boy fairly often is 13 yrs old. After my dd was born in feb, whenever she'd come over if I was nursing she'd hide her eyes & basically turn around & run! I finally told her, "It's ok for you to come in, I'm covered (using the 2 shirt method usually) so you can't see anything." She finally became comfortable enough to come in & today she sat down & was asking a ton of questions about bf. Like why don't I just pump, does it hurt, how do I tell dd is getting enough, & so on. I answered all her questions as honestly as I could, & now I feel pretty good that there may possibly be another bf mother in the future! She seems very interested in bf & I am more than happy to tell her what I've experienced & what I know :)
*Her mom is completely ok with her asking me questions & such, she's actually curious too!
Just wanted to share, she's really the 1st person to ever ask me about bf & I was excited to tell her everything I've learned from you ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this
You have no idea of the little seed you planted that could completely change the way she one day will mother. Growing up, my exposure to breastfeeding was a single aunt who breastfed away off in a closed room, but it stuck in my mind as a good thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM
My only experience growing up was my aunt too- except she nursed her son right there with us all. Not only did that make me want that kind of bond when I became a mother, but it also showed me how truly accepting my family really is- & that really has helped me succeed at bf both of my children!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

You have no idea of the little seed you planted that could completely change the way she one day will mother. Growing up, my exposure to breastfeeding was a single aunt who breastfed away off in a closed room, but it stuck in my mind as a good thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)