Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh it just makes me sad.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
When people have no reason for not breastfeeding. I have a hard time not saying anything BUT I DON'T. In another group this girl is engorged and looking for tips for relief and all I can THINK is HELLO NURSE YOUR BABY!!!

I posted a link to the benefits of breastfeeding as well as tips to help relieve her discomfort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gruntlings
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

People do what people want to do. :) I've become a bit jaded after 5 years of motherhood, three kids, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I always offer advice in two parts: Aka: You can nurse your child (if you have trouble with latch or other issues there is a LOT of help to be found... couple of examples of common issues... link to this group.. ) or you can buy an herbal product to help yourself dry up.

When moms are confronted with a variety of advice they're more likely to re-think their decision than when they're confronted with "Nurse your baby" which makes them feel judged.

BabySocks0912
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the first time I've BF and I've had all kinds of issues from latching (resolved!) To becoming uncomfortably engorged while he fought me every inch of trying to nurse (so I bought a pump!)

Breastfeeding is a choice. Its the best choice, but not everyone wants (or has) to nurse their baby. Beating it into someones head is such a turn off and that's when they choose not to try.

Just remember not everyone is you ;-) and I don't mean that rudely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I know, it gets to me sometimes too but I just try to hold my tounge...it's not worth the back lash most of the time!

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. We research and feel so passionately about our decisions that we can't understand how everyone doesn't come to the same conclusion, whether it's breastfeeding or 2 dozen other things. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krys1025
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Not everyone has bf and knows that.. She asked for advice, you gave it.. I try not to worry about what other people do with their baby. Not everyone is cut out to bf or even wants to and that too is fine by me.

We had thrush and everyone said nurse, nurse it's ok, but it was way to painful so I was pumping for a week.. Everyone's level of pain is different so maybe nursing through it isn't an option for her either..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)