Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Becoming very insecure of my breasts. *possible TMI*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

I hate to admit it, but I am. I nursed DS1 (21mo) for 9 months, immedietly got pregnant with DS2 (3mo, who I still nurse) my breasts never went back to normal. When they are full, they look OK, but when they are empty they are very gross looking to me. I wouldn't give up nursing my child for anything, but I am unsure on how to at least have a semi-decent looking rack after this. I didn't really notice how insecure I was until the other night when DH and I were "gettin' down" and he asked me to take off my shirt, I got very embarassed, he told me they were perfect and he loved them, but how the heck is that? They went from looking him straight in the face to starin at the ground now. I find them disgusting and really hope that maybe they go back to normal??? Or some what normal? I never had stretch marks on them prior to getting pregnant, and after I had DS1 they were covered in stretch marks. I know your body changes and etc, but I wish I could accept it. I really want implants and have been talking to DH about that, he just rolls his eyes and says whatever I wanna do... Anyone else having this problem???

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I hate how my breasts look but I did before I got preggo. They looked great they were just too big and now they've gotten even bigger, but not in the cute full way. I'm getting a breast reduction and having them put back in place after we are done having kids.
I say get them done. If it will make you happy and feel more confident go for it. Personally I say wait until you are done having kids and BFing so they don't change again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I went through it after my first, who nursed for 23 months. He's now 5 1/2, and my second is 9 mo and still nursing strong. But I had a lot of time in between to get used to them, and I'm much more accepting of them. Mine too, are riddled with stretch marks, and saggy, and proportionally smaller than they were before I had kids. For the longest time, I wanted to have them lifted once we were done having kids, but DH is always reminding me that 1. he loves them just the way they are, and 2. they have been put to good use - the whole reason why God gave us boobs - feeding our babies, and I should be proud of them.

I haven't ruled out getting a lift someday, but I'm no longer ashamed of my tatas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM
I hate my boobs and I feel like as young as I am they should look better. My boyfriend loves me and reminds me my expectation are unrealistic "Your not 15, your 22, and a mother. You have the body of a mother and I think its sexy " I don't understand how he can think anything about me is sexy but his actions show he does. I hope to have the funds to get my boobs and tummy back by my 30th birthday:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You can at least rest easy that breastfeeding is not the cause!

Breastfeeding study dispels sagging myth

Nursing mothers needn't worry. A new study shows that breastfeeding does not increase breast sagging. University of Kentucky plastic surgeon Dr. Brian Rinker and colleagues conducted the study with patients at UK HealthCare Cosmetic Surgery Associates. The study observed that breastfeeding does not adversely affect breast shape. 

"A lot of times, if a woman comes in for a breast lift or a breast augmentation, she'll say 'I want to fix what breastfeeding did to my breasts'," Rinker said. As a result, Rinker decided to find out if breast sagging was a direct result of breastfeeding. 

Rinker and colleagues interviewed 132 women who had come to UK for a breast lift or augmentation between 1998 and 2006. The women were, on average, 39 years old; 93 percent had had at least one pregnancy, and most of the mothers58 percent-- had breastfed at least one child. Additionally, the research team reviewed the patients' medical history, body mass index, pre-pregnancy bra cup size, and smoking status. 

The results showed no difference in the degree of breast ptosis (TOE-sis) the medical term for sagging of the breast--for those women who breastfed and those who didn't. However, scientists observed that several other factors did affect breast sagging, including age, the number of pregnancies, and whether the patient smoked. 

"Smoking breaks down a protein in the skin called elastin, which gives youthful skin its elastic appearance and supports the breast so it would make sense that it would have an adverse effect on the breasts," Rinker concluded. 

Rinker presented the findings of the study this week at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons conference in Baltimore.  (November 2, 2007)

You can find the article at: http://medicineworld.org/cancer/lead/11-2007/breastfeeding-study-dispels-sagging-myth.html

Also:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/071102/139/6mqm8.html

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/11/02/breastfeeding-sagstudy.html

mama02040608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I look at the saggy boobs and stretch marks as proof of motherhood. I talk a good game, but my boobs are staying where they are. I don't think I would really ever have a lift.

Why don't you consider that your DH is being honest and loves you for you? With everything that goes with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM

my boobs doubled in size (DDD to HH/I), but from the side you can't tell because they sag so much. But my stomach sags too, so.....

I just take it as a side effect of being a mom. When I'm done having kids and they're all weaned, I'll be getting a reduction anyway, so they'll get lifted/reshaped then.

ashleigheg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally get you, hun. I was a small B cup before getting pregnant, and had NO IDEA what having a child would do to my body. I had super perky boobs that were just right, perfect and round, and I don't anymore. They are saggy, look smaller, and COVERED in stretchmarks. What really helped me was letting my husband play with them, which he never really did before I got pregnant. Somehow, that REALLY helped me to mostly let go of my insecurity about my breasts. Just knowing he still finds me sexy, and really, even more sexy, really helped me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R3G1N4_L0V3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I know exactly how you feel, when my boobs are empty I call them my flap jacks lol. When my milk first came in I was so engorged and they got so big that they haven't been the same since.

SAHM927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I had a breast augmentation a few years back, and I was a small B before & after I was a DD, and now I'm an E. I am currently BFing my 13 month old (my only LO so far). I do not like how they look anymore... but they were never really were "even" after I got the augmentation. My PS made one pocket bigger than the other, and before it was not as noticeable but after my pregnancy it sags a whole lot more than my other side. It is so embarrassing and the worst part is paying all this money to have "perfect" breasts, and they are not even close. After we are done having kids I will go back and get things adjusted.
wesleysmom08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
This exactly. Im never getting any tucks or lifts.

Quoting mama02040608:

I look at the saggy boobs and stretch marks as proof of motherhood. I talk a good game, but my boobs are staying where they are. I don't think I would really ever have a lift.

Why don't you consider that your DH is being honest and loves you for you? With everything that goes with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)