• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nap help. Getting desperate.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
How do I get my son to at least nap without me holding him. He us 8 months old. We cosleep, which at night is fine, but this kid is attached to me 24/7. I need a break. I try to nurse him to sleep then put him down but he will only stay asleep for 15-20, when I hold him he will nap for 2-3 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Brandy85412
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know if it will work with a 8 month old but white noises has helpedoti to get my baby to sleep she's 3 months. Or try to swaddle him.if he wakes up try to just pat his back and get him to go back to sleiep. It probably harder to get him to nap by himself when you Co sleep.I stop Co sleeping around 6 weeks ...... maybe try to lay down with him till he's asleep then slip away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

15-20 minutes is more than I EVER got mine to do! Do you have a sling? It can really really help.

shelley11709
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM
He is too big for swaddling. Cosleeping is the only way I get sleep. I try to slip away and he wakes up and won't go back to sleep.

Quoting Brandy85412:

I don't know if it will work with a 8 month old but white noises has helpedoti to get my baby to sleep she's 3 months. Or try to swaddle him.if he wakes up try to just pat his back and get him to go back to sleiep. It probably harder to get him to nap by himself when you Co sleep.I stop Co sleeping around 6 weeks ...... maybe try to lay down with him till he's asleep then slip away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dietsunkist
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Dd is just the same! I wish I had advice so here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelley11709
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM
He is over 21lbs and I have a bad back. I haven't had luck with slings and I can't afford to have my back go out anymore. Dh is deployed and I have little to no help.

Quoting gdiamante:

15-20 minutes is more than I EVER got mine to do! Do you have a sling? It can really really help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louise1212
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I have the same problem sometimes. But my dd will sleep in her bassinet at night and she wakes up for feedings and I'm able to put her back down. So it frustrates me when I just want some time to myself during the day. Does he ever sleep for longer periods during the day? Cause my dd will have her days when she will. Another thing I do if she just wont sleep long periods is feed her really good as in waking her up if she hasn't fed on both sides yet. And if she wakes up when I try to put her down, I will leave her there for a min or so and sometimes she will fall asleep on her own. Its like she is over tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)