Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 month old seems like he's weaning

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

He hasn't been nursing regularly for a while now. I offer breast every night and he isn't interested most of the time. The only time he really will nurse is in the middle of the night so he's only been nursing for a little while a couple of nights a week. 

My older one nursed until he was almost 3. I just assumed it would be long term with this one too. He's also a lot sicker than his brother ever was at this age so I would like to get more breast milk into him. 

Any suggestions? I know I still have milk. But not much, so he prefers a cup. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Offer offer offer offer. Really, that's all you can do unless you want to pump and give it in a cup. They will do this and can go back to newborn frequency at the drop of a hat.

maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting gdiamante:

Offer offer offer offer. Really, that's all you can do unless you want to pump and give it in a cup. They will do this and can go back to newborn frequency at the drop of a hat.

I agree 100%
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Just keep offering. I've heard babies go through this kind of stage. I know when my dd was around 15 months she didn't want to nurse but once or twice a day & I thought that was it but by 17 months she was waning to nurse every 2 hours for several weeks. I think it's cause her daddy joked with her & said its almost time to give ni-ni up :( I really think she knew haha. I told him to shut up, but she is 20 months now & back to a normal toddler schedule., nurse for nap, bedtime & twice in middle of the night & usually one other time during the day.. If she gets hurt or her feelings hurt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starry_dreamer
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I was just talking to my grandma about this. My son was nursing on a pretty decent schedule 5-6 times a day. He turned a year old a few weeks ago and started nursing less. Then last week he started being clingier moodier and nursing every 3ish hours. Even if it were only five min this is what he's started. I personally feel my supply has dropped.

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Yup

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)