• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decreased nursing and walking

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter just started walking two days ago. DD just turned 14 months. Does anyone know if there is a correlation between the milestone of walking and a decrease in nursing. I expected her to sleep more or nurse more. I know she wants to get out and adventure and that's fine. She still has 4 wet diapers and usually 1-2 poopy diapers. She has gone from nursing every 1.5-2 hours to skipping and increasing more time in between. She eats table food and drinks water on occasion. I still have her nurse before eating and she usually wants to after eating table foods as well. Anyone else go through something similar? I'm worried she may be trying to wean. I know she's technically weaning because she eats solids but, I'm just not used to her not wanting to nurse as much. Any advice seasoned extended breastfeeding pros.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ConnorMom228
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not weaning ;-) just becoming more aware of the world. She will nurse when she needs to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mirauder
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Thank you. I'm just worried she won't want me anymore. I didn't nurse my son this long and don't really know what to expect.
CafeMom Tickers
MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope not weaning. Just distracted. Onve walking becomes old news, you'll be "important" again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Quoting ConnorMom228:

It's not weaning ;-) just becoming more aware of the world. She will nurse when she needs to.

Remember that the natural weaning process takes years! You can expect her nursing habits to change a lot in both directions (more/less) over the next year and beyond.
Mirauder
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Thanks I just don't know what to expect and I had low supply when we started out. So I'm a little weary when changes happen. I try to go with the flow but, I'm a bit of a control freak. Thanks and I don't foresee us stopping anytime soon.
ConnorMom228
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM
As long as your supply has been well established for a while, it shouldn't be a problem. :-)

Quoting Mirauder:

Thanks I just don't know what to expect and I had low supply when we started out. So I'm a little weary when changes happen. I try to go with the flow but, I'm a bit of a control freak. Thanks and I don't foresee us stopping anytime soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)